30 to 50 Billion. Big numbers, right? That’s how many websites Google has indexed. Despite that, only around 200 million websites are actually active. However, those numbers are still daunting when you’re trying to increase traffic to your website.
So how do you capture your audience? Search engine optimization (SEO) is often touted as the best way to do so, but it can be a daunting process to understand and implement.
Fortunately, this doesn’t have to be the case! We will look at some tips that can help you rank higher in search results and make sure that your content is working for you. Keep reading for a quick round-up of tips to help drive traffic to your website.
BIGGEST TIP: Hire an Expert
Here’s a joke for you that we found on Reddit. How many experts does it take to change a bulb, lightbulb, light, light switch, light bulb….
Do you get it? If you’re scratching your head and confused, that’s a clear sign that this tip is for you.
The biggest tip we can give when it comes to SEO is to hire an expert. According to Eran Shayovich, while there are many resources available that can help you do your own SEO, the landscape is constantly changing, and it can be difficult to keep up with all the latest changes and best practices. This is when experts in SEO can help you. They will be able to help you navigate the dynamic world of SEO and make sure your website is optimized for success.
On-Page SEO Tips
On-page SEO revolves around your website and optimizing it. The easiest way to remember this is by remembering that it’s about what happens on your website, so on your page.
When it comes to on-page SEO there are a variety of things you can do to help increase your ranking. However, we’ll touch on some of the top tips from this category.
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions: Ensure that your website’s title and meta tags contain relevant keywords for your business. This will help your site rank higher in search results for those keywords.
- Structure your content well: Use headlines, subheadings, and bullet points to make your content easy to read and scan (do you see what we did here). This will help visitors stay on your page longer, and also help search engines understand the structure of your page.
- Use images and videos: People are likely to engage with content that includes images or videos. Adding visual elements can also help break up long blocks of text, making your content easier to digest.
- Market your content: Once you’ve created great content, be sure to promote it through social media and other channels. This will help get more eyes on your site and can lead to increased traffic over time.
Off-Page SEO Tips
Off-page SEO is all about promoting your website through external sources to improve your search engine rankings. These are things that happen outside your website but still help increase your SERP.
Like on-page SEO, there is a world of tips we could cover; however, we’ll hone in on some of the things you can do to get started.
- Create high-quality content that people will want to link to. This could include blog posts, infographics, eBooks, etc.
- Make sure your website is easy to find and navigate so that people will actually stay once they reach it.
- Submit your site to relevant directories and other online resources that can help boost your visibility (e.g., Google, Yahoo, Bing).
- Get involved in social media and share your content with the right audience.
- Monitor your off-page SEO progress and adjust your strategy as needed.
Dig In With Our Round-Up of SEO Tips
We would say it’s that simple, but it really isn’t. SEO is an intricate beast, and it’s necessary to be honing your knowledge and skills constantly. However, these tips will give you a solid start to improving your SERP.