How Do I Choose A Hair Straightener Flat Iron?
Are you thinking about buying a hair straightener? With the market flooded with a variety of hair straighteners, choosing the right one for your hair can be a daunting process. There are a few different things that you need to consider when selecting a hair straightener.
Here are some tips that will help you make the best choice.
Choose the Best Flat Iron Plate Material
When choosing a hair straightener, the very first thing to consider is the plate material. Hair straighteners are made of different plate materials. Depending on your hair type, you can choose between the following;
- Ceramic – ceramic plates heat evenly and keep the temperature consistent. They produce smooth, shiny hair with no frizz.
- Titanium – the titanium hair straighteners heat up really quickly and retain the temperature long enough. They are also very lightweight, making them very comfortable to use. They are also gentler to the delicate ends of your strands.
- Tourmaline – this is a flat iron plate that is highly durable and also maintains a high temperature.
- Ceramic coated – these are plates that are not made of pure ceramic material. They are made of metal that is covered with ceramic. Such plates do not distribute heat evenly, and after being used for a while the coating peels off, and the iron causes snag and hair damage.
- Metal and glass – these are materials you should stay away from. They break easily and overheat, causing hair burn and damage.
Consider Your Hair Type
- Fine hair – fine hair is easily damaged by heat. Choose a flat iron that has an adjustable heat setting so that you can use the lowest temperature. Ceramic plates are suitable for fine hair as it distributes heat evenly and reduces frizz.
- Thick hair – a straightener with a high heat setting will allow you to straighten your thick hair in a few strokes. Titanium plates are best for thick hair as they heat up quickly and maintain the high temperature. This makes straightening thick hair much more manageable.
- Curly hair – curly hair is problematic to straighten and is very prone to frizz. Tourmaline plates are great for wavy hair as they are highly effective even at lower temperatures.
Consider Plate Width
Narrow plates are best for travelling since your hair straightener will easily fit in your bag. On the other hand, wider plates will help you straighten your hair more quickly. The wider plates are good for thick and coarse hair but not suitable for people with fine hair.
Some of the other things to consider include the shape of the hair straightener for adding a little touch to your hair and adjustable temperatures to prevent heat damage. By considering these, you will walk home with the best hair straightener.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.