SaaS (short for software as a service) – one of the forms of cloud computing, a service model in which subscribers are provided with application software, fully serviced by the provider.
The vendor in this model self-manages the application, providing customers with access to features from client devices, typically through a mobile app or web browser
The primary benefit of the SaaS model is the elimination of expenses involved with installing, upgrading, and maintaining the equipment and software that runs on it.
Main features of SaaS:
- The application is adapted for remote use;
- Several clients use one application;
- Payment is charged either in the form of a monthly subscription fee or based on the volume of transactions;
- Technical support of the application is included;
- Upgrading and updating the application is carried out promptly and transparently for customers.
As with all forms of cloud computing, customers do not pay for owning the software, but only for renting it. The larger financial cost falls on the saas application development company
Thus, unlike the classical software licensing scheme, the customer incurs relatively small recurring costs, and does not need to invest heavily in acquiring the application and the necessary software, platform, and hardware for its deployment, and then maintaining its performance. The recurring payment scheme assumes that if the need for the software is temporarily unavailable, the customer can suspend its use and freeze payments to the developer.
Software on Demand (SaaS) has the following key features:
- Access to software developed in accordance with the software as a service model is provided remotely via network channels and, as a rule, through a web interface;
- The software is deployed in the data center as a single software core that all customers work with;
- Maintenance and software updates are performed centrally on the side of the application provider;
- The cost of technical support is usually included in the rent.
Benefits of the SaaS Model
Cost reduction because of the bigger scale
Reducing costs is a key factor that explains the economic viability of SaaS – the SaaS provider maintains a single software core that all customers use and therefore spends fewer resources compared to managing separate copies of the software for each customer. In addition, the use of a single software core allows you to plan computing power and reduces peak loads for individual customers. All this allows SaaS providers to significantly reduce the cost of software operation. As a result, the cost of services for the end-user of such software becomes lower than the costs that arise when using the classical licensing model.
SaaS provider is able to offer a level of service and software support in a healthy state that is not available to internal IT departments of companies. This is especially evident when working with a SaaS provider under an SLA contract. You can get the best SaaS service via the following link (https://www.softformance.com/).
Positive SaaS factors for customers
- No need to install software on user workstations – access to the software is carried out through a regular Web browser (less often through a special client program);
- Radical cost reduction for system deployment in the organization. These are the costs of renting a room, organizing a data center, paying employees, etc.;
- Reducing the cost of technical support and updating deployed systems (up to their complete absence);
- The speed of implementation, due to the lack of time spent on deploying the system;
- Intuitive interface – most employees are already accustomed to using web services;
- Clarity and predictability of payments, investment protection;
- Versatility – the user is not restricted to the software and hardware platforms specified by the developer.
- Opportunity to get a higher level of software maintenance.
In conclusion, if you do not have specific requirements for the functionality and security of applications, then SaaS is a good choice. It is cost-effective and rather proficient in helping your company achieve its goals.