The Complete Guide That Makes Choosing Managed IT Services Simple
Are you tired of being frustrated by your small business’s connectivity problems? Do you wish there were a way to get the IT assistance you need without hiring an in-house employee? If so, then you need to outsource to managed IT services.
Doing so can help take IT burdens off your plate, and get you back to focusing on what’s important. However, not all managed IT services are created equal. There is a fine line between “good” and “great”.
See below for an in-depth guide on how to find a managed IT company that you can trust. You and they can build a business partnership for many years to come.
1. Search Online References and Reviews
There is no better way to get an accurate impression of a company than through clients who have used its services before. Fortunately, there are three ways that you can do this in the digital age:
- Scan online reviews on the managed IT service
- Ask the managed IT service for a list of references
- View client testimonials on the managed IT company’s website
Starting with the first one, be sure to read the ratings and reviews that were left behind by previous clientele. These can offer you insight into the service and whether it’s the right fit for your business. Ask yourself these questions as you read their comments:
- Are they in the same industry as you?
- How long ago did they use the service?
- Did they enjoy the experience?
- What services of the managed IT company did they invest in?
- Were they happy with the level of customer support they received?
- Are they still using the same managed IT service today?
If you need a bit more confirmation, you can reach out to the managed IT service directly and ask them for a list of client references. They will be happy to hand you a list!
2. Ask Them Questions
There’s nothing quite like going to the source for answers! Perhaps you know you need IT to help, but aren’t sure to what extent. Maybe you just want to get a feel for how they can help your company thrive.
If so, then schedule a phone call to learn more. There you can speak with a representative and ask them questions such as:
- What technical support can your company provide my business?
- Have you helped clients in my industry before?
- How long has your managed IT service been in business?
- What certifications do your IT technicians have? How do you train them?
- Will I have one representative or multiple?
- What is the turnaround time on your services?
- Which areas of my business need the most IT improvement?
- How can I make the most of IT with my business model?
- What are your service hours?
- How can you help me improve the security of my network?
These questions are just the tip of the iceberg. However, they’ll help you get helpful insight into the managed IT services that you reach out to. If you feel that one provides more information than the others, it can be an indication of which service you should choose.
3. Search for Scalability
As your company grows, so too will your IT needs. You may need to add things like:
- Additional devices for your growing staff
- Mobile payment options for your clientele
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Additional routers
- Office phones
The list goes on and on. The key isn’t to find a managed IT needs that simply fits your current needs. You want to find a service that can fulfill your IT demands now and well into the future as well.
If you find a managed IT service with sufficient staff, they can pay more attention to your IT needs as your company grows. They can also give you recommendations on the best tools and software to add along the way.
4. Find a Cost-Efficient Price
Did you know that the average in-house employee costs 140-percent of their annual salary? That means that if you pay an IT employee $50,000, then they’re costing your business $70,000. Yowza!
By investing in a managed IT service, you allow yourself to gain access to the IT expertise you need at a much lower price.
Be sure to ask for an estimate from any service you speak to. Whatever offer they give you, be sure to get it in writing. That way, you know they’re willing to back it up.
Ask them for the overall price after all fees and service charges are accounted for. This will ensure there aren’t any unforeseen expenses when it’s time to pay.
5. Search for Both Remote and Onsite Service
Most times, your IT needs can be resolved without your managed IT service having to visit your office. However, there is the occasional issue that needs to be fixed with an in-person visit.
Make sure that the managed IT company you hire offers both remote and onsite service. You’ll get an all-around service no matter what your needs are.
Whenever your company experiences an IT issue, it can push back your entire business operations. In those moments, you need an IT company to solve the issue and get you back up and running as quickly as possible.
Find the Right Managed IT Services for Your Needs
Now that you have seen a comprehensive guide on how to find the right managed IT services for your company, be sure to use it to your advantage.
Take the time to consider your current IT needs. What problems are you experiencing the most? How can a managed IT service fix them for you?
Be sure to browse our website for more articles on IT services, as well as many other helpful topics that you’ll enjoy.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.