There are many factors to consider upon moving into a new residence. And although people always perceive relocation measures like packing and moving as the only significant challenges that would get in the way of becoming thoroughly settled in, it is usually the aftermath of moving that is the most challenging. There might be a lot of waste in the new location that might need cleaning up. Instead of cleaning it up after moving in there, it would be better to employ a rubbish removal service to clean it up before making the move.
Getting in touch with the house, learning how everything works, and setting priorities on what tasks to pursue are all a part of taking on the job as a property owner. It is smarter to do all of it right before moving in rather than procrastinating. It would be a wise decision to set up a checklist to make the move easier.
- Check out the house thoroughly before moving in: There’s nothing more satisfying than making a full stroll around the new place than when it is empty. So, even before setting up the belongings or getting unpacked, take a close look around. If there is any detail that works against any sales deal, inform the property manager promptly and look for solutions. If any such agreement is broken, it becomes the house owner’s liability if one catches it in time.
- Pet Proof or Child Proof the house: Before moving into a new home with small children or even a pet, the first step would be to do some essential baby proofing to protect the kids. Check out guides on how to easily baby proof the home on the relocation date. They usually involve suggestions like making a separate, child-free environment for leftover packaging materials and inspecting every opening to make sure they’re tightly closed and do not have any lengthy dangling strings sticking out from the window shades, etc.
- Clean the house thoroughly: The very last thing one would want to do after proceeding through to the moving stage is to scrub the new place from floor to ceiling, but the perfect time to do it is actually right after the move. It might be tiring to do all of it in one go. Getting rid of the waste that includes the packing material can also be challenging. As soon as the cleaning process is done, call up a rubbish removal service to pick it all up. On beginning life at the new residence, investing a little effort and money to start fresh is worth it.
- Change the locks: It is a good idea to upgrade the locks of the new residence. Even if one is not worried about the former owner, one can never know who could have a copy. This is one of the cases where it is better to be cautious than sorry, so arrange a maintenance specialist to come along or, if one feels good doing so, change the locks oneself.
- Make sure to set up utilities: If one has taken care of getting the services ready before moving to the new apartment, the next step should be setting up the utilities. Check that the electricity, power, heating, water systems, phone and internet are set up before moving day.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.