Hey there? Have you ever thought of where the leftover dirt or the grease from the garments goes after the wash? The answer would be it gets drained from the pipe but the fact is some part of it is deposited in the passage and that’s why it requires cleaning in regular intervals of time.
In this article, we are going to discuss 5 easy to do washing machine cleaning tips you can use to maintain efficiency and enjoy optimum performance of the appliance.
Washing Machine Cleaning Tips
- You are blessed if your washing machine has an inbuilt automatic washing machine cleaning feature and I recommend looking for the same if you are buying a new one for your household. Just select the appropriate program and follow the instructions given in the user manual or you can Google the steps to follow if you need any further help. Also, try to use the warmest possible water setting to get rid of maximum germs and allergens from the washing container.
- To clean the outers of the machine, you need a vinegar solution mixed with water and a soft rag which you can use to wipe off the outer body elements of the machine. Vinegar will help you to get rid of sticky particles from the edges too.
- To clean the insides, Select the hot water setting and add 20-30ml of white vinegar and initiate the wash cycle.
- After the above cycle is complete, run another hot cycle but this time, instead of vinegar, use a tablespoon of baking soda to remove any traces of mold smell from the interiors.
- Last of all use a soft dry rag to slowly wipe off the remaining moisture from the surface of the container.
- After the cleaning is complete, keep the washing machine door open for at least 30 minutes to make sure you don’t experience any foul smell issues.
Above are the steps you need to follow for maintaining the flawless performance of the washer machine but many times people don’t take the hassle to do the cleaning part and that leads to the clogging of the drainage pipe. Below, I would also like to share some easy techniques to do to unclog the pipes.
- If the machine is draining but the flow is not rapid as it was in the beginning. You can just try pouring the boiling hot water into the container. It can help in relieving the pipe from discharged residue in the pipe.
- If the above step doesn’t work, detach the pipe from the washing machine and pour a boiling mixture of water and baking soda directly into the pipe.
- After the cleaning is done, reattach the drainage pipe with the washing machine and fill up the empty drum with water and then let the whole water drain off.
In this article, I have tried to explain some easy-to-do steps which you can follow at your home to experience the dirt and allergen-free cleaning environment. This is one of the supreme habits you can opt for driving the optimum performance of the appliance from your end. If you have found this article helpful or you have any kind of question or queries in your mind. Please write to us, we would love to be a helpful resource