We’re used to wearing the latest fashion, the clothes comfortable for us, but most of us have no idea that the fashion industry always has been found to have a rather negative effect on the environment. In fact, it’s the 2nd largest environmental polluter in the world. And the bitter part is that we hardly care enough to think about this stuff. With the increase in the fashion industry, the damage has increased too.
That’s where Eco-Friendly Fashion or Sustainable Fashion kicks in. FARAH NAZ New York has a sustainable collection of clothing, that isn’t hard on the environment.
What is Eco-Friendly Fashion?
Eco-friendly fashion is a process of fostering change to fashion products and the fashion system towards greater ecological integrity and social justice. Eco-friendly clothing is often made of fibers like organic cotton, hemp, soy, bamboo, wool, and silk, as well as recycled fibers. Synthetic materials aren’t used in their production.
There are many benefits of choosing Eco-Friendly Fashion over the regular ones. Here are some of them:
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Fashion
The fashion industry contributes a lot to environmental pollution. So, it’s a good way to decrease that by opting for eco-friendly fashion.
- Good for health as they are free from chemicals and feel much better on the skin.
- Organic clothes like Eco-Friendly Jeans require less maintenance, are much higher in quality, and last longer than the usual clothing items.
- Dyes used in the clothes are dangerously harmful to the environment. Therefore, an increase in the use of organic articles of clothing decreases the toxic waste from the industry
- Eco-friendly fashion is comparatively cheaper in the long run as it lasts much longer
- Since most of the clothes are made from cotton, and cotton farmers require them to use pesticides, it leads to an increase in the pesticide in the environment. However, opting for eco-friendly fashion decrease the pesticides released in the environment.
- Decrease in water pollutions and consumption
- Beneficial for the ecosystem
- Since the clothing made from fur or leather requires the death of many animals, opting for organic clothing, you’re saving the lives of those animals and supporting animal rights. For some people, the guilt of wearing fur and leather-related clothes is too much.
- Waste materials can be recycled into new products
- Decrease in the Fashion industry dump
- Decrease in the greenhouse gas emissions
- Decrease in the overall pollution
- Increases your brand value
- Increase awareness among people for saving the environment