If you’re that type of person who always likes to be up and active in some business, moving furniture and assemblies could ruffle your feathers while generating good revenue at the same time.
The work primarily involves transporting furniture from the shop to the buyer’s place. Additionally, there are many other opportunities like helping individuals move into a new abode or helping others move an item from site A to site B.
- But before moving furniture, your furniture delivery company would need some dedicated equipment. A good vehicle is a must.
- It could be a box truck, pickup truck, or cargo van. A fuel-efficient and reliable vehicle is crucial. Purchasing an old truck won’t be fruitful if it’s an oil-guzzler and necessitates frequent repairs.
- If a business truck breaks down, you’ll lose customers and money. For furniture packers and movers, a dolly or hand truck is the trade tool.
- You’ve dollies for appliances as well. If you want to move stoves or fridges, you need to have a dedicated dolly.
You also require moving blankets for protecting the furniture in transit. You also need a steady supply of bungee cords and tie downs to keep everything in place. For businesses operating a pickup truck, you need to invest in a quality tarp for shielding the furniture from grime and fust on the roads, and external elements.
Underlining the challenges
While starting your furniture assembling and moving business, you’ll face a plethora of challenges. There are app solutions like Spot n Ride to overcome them.
- The mounting process is a common problem in this regard. There are numerous types of furniture. The heavy ones are difficult to mount. It takes extra effort if you’re not a skilled professional.
- You also need specific tools to assemble furniture, adds Eric Dalius. You need to know the right ways of using the assembling equipment and mounting them properly.
- The drilling machine’s angle and size is crucial when it comes to furniture mounting. It’s also a daunting task to distinguish the furniture parts. In this business, there are numerous tiny parts like bolts and screws that are hard to distinguish.
- You need to do it in the assembling process. There are numerous other situations where people may place the wooden objects upside down, which conceals the errors.
There are furniture assembly booking apps that bolster your business operations. The pre-developed software comes with advanced features. Potential customers can easily spot your service in their region, enabling you to earn revenue.
Assembly to installation
Although Covid-19 has affected almost all industries, it has field to dent the online furniture moving niche. It’s one industry that has continued to show promising and consistent growth opportunities.
With the pandemic forcing people to stay at home, the demand for multi-functional and versatile furniture products has risen. Eric J Dalius projects the market size for online furniture will grow by $86 billion during 2020-2025.
Some of the biggest names in this industry are Amazon.com Inc, Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, eBay Inc, American Signature Inc, IKEA System BV. They are now expanding their business functions and operations, and services and product offerings. With rapid technological advancements, they are adding more value to their latest products.
- The prominent ones follow a DIY concept and put their retail furniture expertise into use.
- You can often deliver the products through flat-packing them. The customers can assemble the stuff themselves.
- The furniture market is assembly-ready. It’s a great startup option because it’s environment-friendly and saves money.
- Some companies are hiring popular hiring platforms like TaskRabbit to take care of each procedure.
- The platforms build furniture alongside standing in line at the shops. They also partner popular service providers like UrbanClap and Airtasker.
The business model overview
You can obtain furniture that entails mass production. Take things which you can obtain from cheaper materials. A laminated chipboard is a prominent example.
- Try to keep a simple design. Quick cutting of the materials and easy packing and shipping are necessary for your startup to flourish.
- There’s no need for space or staff to assemble the furniture because your consumer can do it at his/her home.
- You can thus streamline costs and simplify your raw material bills. The consumer can further reduce the cost because you can ship the pieces making up the furniture at a flat rate.
- Your company can often transport the pieces on your van for home assembling. It saves delivery fees.
- It invariably cuts your transportation and storage expenses. However, you need some manufacturing and design skills for starting this business.
- Producing the materials at a proper scale is important. It’s extremely for you to execute the business model in the right manner.
- You don’t need to ensure complete vertical integration and make every raw material yourself.
- However, it’s in your best interests to develop a capability, where you can cut costs to a point where it’s profitable for your business and cost-effective for your consumer.
A few other ideas
If you’re a resourceful and handy individual and want to expand your business domains, and have some basic tools and a truck, you can always start a furniture delivery and furniture assembly business.
It’s an ideal venture for folks that want to try their luck in the movers and packer’s industry. You can manage the business from your home. It helps in keeping your overhead costs at a bare minimum.
- However, before starting out, don’t forget to contact your local office supply department and local furniture stores to check if they are currently providing their consumers with a delivery option and assembly service.
- Normally, assembling is optional. You can charge an extra fee, depending on the location and transportation.
- If you don’t own a truck, you can partner with a reputable moving truck firm. It’s very normal to move lots of furniture and objects from one place to another.
Make sure your potential customers can access your business from their home. Ordering, tracking, and delivery must be on point as per as your app goes. That’s what creates a lasting impression on your customers.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.