Uttarakhand, the beauty of North India features a variety of unbeatable locations which make it a definite visit once in your life. Adorned with the Himalayan valleys and the fast-flowing tributaries of Ganga and Yamuna, Uttarakhand offers a plethora of exciting adventure activities like bungee jumping, kayaking, and river rafting.
Start your exploration of Uttarakhand by visiting the age-old and prestigious Jim Corbett national park. Established in 1953 and with a vision to protect tigers, this national park will restore your love for the beloved mother nature and her fabulous creations. Observe otters, Asiatic elephants, and magnificent tigers in their natural habitats.
Rishikesh and Haridwar are the two pilgrim locations that are must visit in your Uttarakhand expedition. Blessed with a plethora of temples, devotees from across the country come to wash away their sins after a dip in the holy water of Triveni Ghat.
Watch the majestic Ganga Arti and have a soul-rejuvenating experience as well.
For a fantastic trekking experience, Uttarakhand and its alpine meadows, lush green and snow-covered valleys, and plenty of pristine hills, are where you would want to indulge in a fabulous trekking experience.
- Spot tigers at Jim Corbett National Park – Thrillophilia highly recommends a visit to the infamous and one of the most prestigious national parks of India, Jim Corbett National park. Established in the year 1953, with a vision to protect the majestic tiger species of India, this exquisite national park is what all nature enthusiasts should explore once in their life. Your Jim Corbett tour should definitely include a serene safari ride which will take you into the depths of this exquisite park spanning over 520 hectares. Lucky tourists might spot this grandiose endangered species roaming in their natural habitats. Along with this, the park also features majestic asiatic elephants, crocodiles and otters in freshwater lakes and ponds and vibrant and dense forestry like no other.
- Go bungee jumping in Nainital – Nainital, situated at an elevation of 2000 metres, is one of the most serene hill stations in Uttarakhand and a central hub for all engrossing adventure activities like bungee jumping, paragliding, river rating and more. If you want an instant pump of adrenaline, then don’t forget to try bungee jumping available at a myriad of locations at extremely cheap prices. One of the most soul rejuvenating recreational activities is a peaceful boating excursion in the lush Nainital lake, surrounded by foggy climes and tranquil hills. It is highly recommended to try ropeway at Snow view point and marvel at the awe-inspiring views of snow cladded Himalayan summits from far away. Enjoy the escalating ‘Pahadi Life’ at Nainital and bring home a bucket full of memories.
- Take a bath in Triveni Ghat – Rishikesh and its outstanding hostile climes and environment makes it one of the most visited religious and pilgrimage sites in all of India. With a plethora of age old archaic temples and Ganga Ghats, devotees from across the globe come here to wash away their sins and relish upon the unbeatable tranquillity this area has to offer. One such utterly peaceful bath can be enjoyed at the popular Triveni ghat. This river bank is the merging point for three holy rivers of India namely, Yamuna, Ganga and Saraswathi. The holy Triveni Ghat and its pristine waters attract pilgrims from across the country who come here to take a dip and wash away their sins. In the evening, you can be a part of the Ganga Arti which is a soul-rejuvenating thing to witness once in your life.
- Indulge in thrilling river rafting – River rafting is considered as one of finest and most adventurous recreational activity that every tourists needs to participate in their Uttarakhand expedition. This sport allows you to marvel at the beauty of the best flowing tributaries of river Ganga. Available at a plethora of locations, river rafting is a definite try in your Uttarakhand excursion. Rishikesh remains one of the most prime locations for river rafting, which renders moderate to advanced level rafting experience under expert guidance. Ranikhet, which is perfectly hidden away from the hustle of the city, is another beautiful destination where you can indulge in river rafting excursions. If you want to enhance your adventure level then Kumaon is where you should head on. It’s fast flowing tributaries with rocky obstacles will definitely add stars to your rafting experience.
- Bali Pass Trek – For all adventure enthusiasts, there is not a trekking expedition better than Bali pass that will let you marvel and enjoy the lush and serene beauty of Har ki Dun Valley, Ruinsara rivers, Devsu Thack. Covered with knee deep snow all throughout the year, this trek features outstanding views of the Hiamlayan summits. The trek begins at the archaic and prehistoric villages of Osla and Gangad. The advance level trek covering the Ruinsara rivers is worth it, as you will finally reach the Bali Pass. Upgrade your trekking experience and enjoy this unbeatable experience which will make you come back for more.