Ever found yourself in remorse after filling your cart with unnecessary items, and now doesn’t know what to do? Learn from this step-by-step guide to know how to make Amazon cancel order for you.
If you ever found yourself going ga-ga over Amazon products, and filling your cart with unnecessary items only to know you are never going to need it. If yes, then know that you are not alone.
Like what is the purpose of visiting the great hub for shopaholics if you didn’t try some extreme shopping spree, or splurge with the freehand?
But sometimes, this habit of splurging and going on a shopping spree puts us in trouble and becomes a headache. Admit it, once in a lifetime, we all went through that buyer’s remorse, where we know that we bought a thing we don’t need, not good enough or just doesn’t fit under our budget.
But unfortunately, we often realize it late, like after placing the order, or when our shipment arrives. If you are going through with the same buyer’s remorse and want to cancel your order then we got you covered. Learn this step-by-step guide below to know how you can cancel your order on Amazon.
How to cancel an Amazon Order?
The process to make Amazon cancel order for you may vary, depending on the stage of the delivery process, or the way you are accessing Amazon. If you have placed the order recently, like in the past couple of hours, or up to 24 hours, you may be able to cancel your order before it left the warehouse for shipment.
Here are the few ways to cancel your amazon order step-by-step.
Cancel Amazon Order on Website
If you are accessing Amazon via the website, then here’s how you cancel your order.
- First, open the website and log in to your account.
- Click ‘Returns & Order’- You can find it in the top right of the page
- On the ‘Your Orders’ page, track the order you want to cancel.
- On the right of the item, there will be an array of options, click ‘Cancel item’.
- You may be told that your cancellation isn’t guaranteed, but still go for it.
- Scroll down and select your cancellation reason from the drop-down menu.
- Under ‘cancel item’, make sure the box next to the correct item is checked before proceeding.
- Now click Cancel selected items at the bottom right of the screen.
- You will be redirected to a cancellation screen, and an email will be sent to you regarding your cancellation request. Generally, you will be notified of your cancellation status within a maximum of an hour or so. But if your item was sold by a third-party seller, you would have to contact the seller personally.
Amazon Order Cancel on Mobile App
Many of us prefer Amazon mobile app to binge-search amazon products and place an order. If you want to cancel your order on the Mobile app, here’s the solution.
- Open Amazon shopping app on Android/IOS
- In the bottom right corner, you will see a three-line bar. This will lead you to the menu
- From the menu, tap ‘Your Orders’
- Find and select the order you want to cancel
- Now select ‘Cancel items’ and then tap on ‘Cancel checked items’
- Just like the website, you will get a confirmation email regarding your cancellation request, and you will be notified once your request has been approved.
Cancelling a Fulfillment by Amazon Order
If you are a seller working with Fulfilment by Amazon, and you want to cancel an order, you may. You can cancel Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) orders anytime during the process if the order has an unshipped or pending status. Here is a simple procedure to cancel FBA orders.
- Contact Amazon Seller Support
- Provide the representative with specific Order I.D or IDs
- Give the ASIN for the orders, as well as the quantity of items in each ASIN
- Provide an appropriate reason for cancelling your order.
The seller will be contacted by an Amazon Seller Support agent, who will notify the seller regarding the cancellation status. The agent will also send an email to the buyer, notifying them of cancellation. If the seller accidentally cancelled an order, it cannot be restored.
What to do if your Amazon Order already shipped?
Ok, so the bad news is that you cannot make Amazon cancel order after it is shipped. But what if your cancellation request got cancelled? Most of the time, an order cancellation request may be rejected If the item has already been shipped or from a third-party seller that doesn’t allow or respond to cancellation requests.
In either case, you can always opt for Amazon’s return policy, which allows the buyer to return the unwanted package that got delivered to their door within 30 days with a full refund. However, if you placed an order to a third-party seller on Amazon, you may need to check the seller’s return policy on their page, or simply contact them to return the order.