THE countdown to the 2022 World Cup continues.
It may feel like a long time until the finals in around two years’ time, but qualifying is already underway in South America – and now it’s time for European nations, including England, to discover their fates.
- Start time: 5pm GMT
- TV channel: UEFA website
- England in POT 1 with Belgium, France, Spain and Germany
- Wales in POT 2, Ireland, Scotland and Northern Ireland in POT 3
Follow ALL the action with our live blog below…
England are in Pot 1 while Wales are in Pot 2, with Pot 3 containing Scotland, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
When is World Cup qualifying draw?
A total of thirteen nations from Europe will make it through to the finals in Qatar once qualifying is complete.
55 teams will go into the hat for the qualifying draw and be sorted into ten groups.
- The draw will be held in Zurich TODAY, on Monday, December 7.
- It will begin at 5pm GMT.
- The 55 teams will be split in six different Pots, with ten in Pots 1-5 and five in Pot 6.
- The teams will be drawn into ten groups: five groups of five teams (Groups A–E) and five groups of six teams (Groups F–J)
- England are in Pot 1, while Wales are in Pot 2 after their excellent performance in the Nations League.
- Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands
- Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania
- Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland
- Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxembourg
- Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra
- Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino
England will be hoping to go one better than they did in 2018, where they crashed out in the semi-finalsCredit: EPA
World Cup key dates
- Matchday 1 – 24-25 March 2021
- Matchday 2 – 27-28 March 2021
- Matchday 3 – 30-31 March 2021
- Matchday 4 – 1-2 September 2021
- Matchday 5 – 4-5 September 2021
- Matchday 6 – 7-8 September 2021
- Matchday 7 – 8-9 October 2021
- Matchday 8 – 11-12 October 2021
- Matchday 9 – 11-13 November 2021
- Matchday 10 – 14-16 November 2021
- Play-off semi finals – 24-25 March 2022
- Play-off finals – 28-29 March 2022
- 21 November to December 18, 2022
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.