DEVIN HANEY defends his WBC lightweight world title against JoJo Diaz in a big Las Vegas main event.
Haney last overcame seasoned veteran Jorge Linares in May, while Diaz beat Javier Fortuna on points soon after.
Devin Haney takes on JoJo Diaz in a huge lightweight title fightCredit: Getty
Diaz was touted to be fighting Ryan Garcia at the end of this year, but the 23-year-old injured his shoulder, leaving a space open for Haney.
The 135lb champ jumped at the chance to challenge Diaz, who signed on the dotted line just two weeks after Garcia’s withdrawal.
Haney will have a huge undisputed title fight with George Kambosos Jr on his mind after the Australian’s big win over Teofimo Lopez last weekend.
But The Dream will need to stay focussed on Diaz, or he could suffer the same fate his rival Lopez did, putting a clash with Kambosos at risk.
When is Haney vs Diaz?
- Devin Haney’s massive clash with JoJo Diaz will take place on Saturday, December 4 – TONIGHT.
- The fight will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- There will be a full capacity crowd in attendance at the event.
- For UK fans, you can expect ring-walks to begin at around 4am GMT in the early hours of Sunday, December 5.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Lopez vs Kambosos Jr will be shown live on DAZN in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the DAZN app, which is available for
- download onto your mobile device, tablet or Smart TV.
- To subscribe to DAZN, head to their website and sign-up for £7.99 a month.
Haney vs Diaz FULL CARD
- Devin Haney vs JoJo Diaz Jr (12 rounds – lightweight, WBC title)
- Jessica McCaskill vs Victoria Bustos (10 rounds – welterweight, WBC/WBO/IBF/WBA titles)
- Filip Hrgovic vs Scott Alexander (10 rounds – heavyweight)
- Montana Love vs Carlos Diaz (10 rounds – super-lightweight)
- Austin Willams vs Quatavious Cash (8 rounds – middleweight)
What have they said?
“JoJo wasn’t in a rush to fight me, I feel like we had to corner him to make him take the fight, all these other guys it’s the same thing,” Haney said.
“They know my skills set, how much I bring to the table, if JoJo didn’t take this fight the world would have known what it really was. December 4, they’re going to see.
“I do feel like his [Joseph Diaz Jr.] style will be tailor made for me, there’s nothing that he can do to win.
“He can’t outbox me, I’ll show him he can’t out bang me, I have the size advantage, all the tools to win.”
Diaz said: “If he wants to try and box, I’m just going to hunt his a** down,” Diaz said.
“If he wants to come and bang, I’m just going to bang it out as well. Whatever he wants to bring to the table I’m going to bring it.
“I feel like I’m at my prime, I feel like I’ve already took all the steps I needed to take to be at this point in my life and my career. As far as taking fights with Jesús Rojas, Tevin Farmer, Gary Russell Jr., Javier Fortuna, I’ve already fought those top tier contenders.”
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.