BARCELONA have reportedly threatened legal action as they look for Frenkie de Jong to renounce the contract he signed in 2020.
In a letter, the Catalans claimed they have evidence of criminality from the previous board in the agreement of the deal and are looking for De Jong to revert to the previous contract he signed upon joining in 2019.
Manchester United are reportedly lining up a shock bid for Adrien Rabiot.
The move comes amid fears that a deal for De Jong is getting away from them, with Chelsea now favourites to land the Barcelona star.
The Blues believe they can make a breakthrough in their pursuit of Frenkie de Jong due to Barcelona’s interest in Marcos Alonso.
It is believed that Chelsea are fully prepared to agree a fee with Barcelona and cover the deferred salary the Catalans owe to the Dutchman as soon as he agrees to join the club.
Elsewhere, Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is reportedly still pushing for his man to leave Manchester United this summer.
And boss of Ronaldo’s first club Sporting Lisbon has delivered an update on their pursuit of the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
Follow ALL of the latest transfer news and gossip below…
Saints to move on McCarthy
Alex McCarthy could leave Southampton before the transfer window closes next month, report The Athletic.
The 32-year-old goalkeeper was hoping to regain the number one jersey at St Mary’s following the departure of Fraser Forster to Tottenham.
However, the Saints instead opted to snap up the highly-rated Gavin Bazanu from Manchester City with the 20-year-old making his debut in Saturday’s 4-1 defeat at Spurs.
Ralph Hasenhuttl also brought in another stopper, Mateusz Lis, on a free transfer.
A number of Premier League clubs are said to be interested in McCarthy, who has made 141 appearances in the top-flight, keeping 30 clean sheets in the process.
Forest miss out on Moreno
Nottingham Forest have splashed the cash since returning to the Premier League but one player they will not be signing is Alex Moreno.
The left-back has been strongly linked with a move to the City Ground this summer, but has just announced on Twitter that he will be staying at Real Betis.
Forest were reported as having agreed a £9m fee for the 29-year-old with a medical planned for this week.
However, in a surprise twist, Moreno has posted a heartfelt message confirming his commitment to the Andalusian club.
“I want to thank the club for the proposal but I’ve now decided to continue at Betis as this club is my home,” he said.
Red Devils offered attacker Auba
Frenkie de Jong may be no closer to completing a move from Barcelona to Manchester United – but another player might.
According to The Independent’s Miguel Delaney, the Red Devils have been offered former Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang by the LaLiga club.
And that’s despite Barca boss Xavi revealing last week that the forward would not be leaving the Nou Camp.
United’s initial interest is said to be cool, but that may change given their current attacking crisis.
Chelsea have also been given the opportunity to bid for the Gabonese star, and they may prove a better fit.
Blues boss Thomas Tuchel previously enjoyed a great relationship with Aubameyang at Borussia Dortmund, for whom the striker scored 79 goals in 95 games.
Betis prepare for Bellerin meeting
Hector Bellerin’s representatives will fly into London later today in order to resolve the defender’s future.
That’s according to transfers enthusiast Matteo Moretto, who describes the meeting as ‘key’.
Bellerin still has a final year to run on his Arsenal contract, but hopes the Gunners will allow him to leave ‘cheaply’ considering his service to the club.
Real Betis are hoping to pick up the right-back permanently following his season on loan with the LaLiga club.
Celtic ‘interested’ in Blues’ Barkley
Scottish Premiership champions Celtic are ‘interested’ in Chelsea outcast Ross Barkley, according to the Daily Record.
The former England international has been told he can leave Stamford Bridge before the close of the transfer window – and the midfielder is keen on both first team football and the opportunity to play in Europe.
However, the 28-year-old’s wages may be an issue for the Bhoys with Barkley currently earning £100,000-per-week.
Former club Everton are also said to be one of a number of Premier League clubs monitoring the player’s situation.
Blues to up Fofana bid
Chelsea will this week tempt Leicester with a third bid for Wesley Fofana.
CBS reporter Ben Jacobs states that the Blues are preparing an increased offer that does not include any player exchange.
The Foxes have already rejected two offers, and have reiterated that the player is not for sale.
However, Fofana is understood to be eager to leave the King Power, and felt that the second approach – thought to be £70m – was a fair one.
The 21-year-old centre-back only signed a new four-year contract with Leicester in January, but was allegedly told that the club would listen to ‘reasonable’ offers.
Jacobs adds that the East Midlanders were not expecting any offers this summer, and have concerns about their chances of finding an adequate replacement.
Dortmund rejoin Hudson-Odoi chase
Borussia Dortmund are long-term admirers of Callum Hudson-Odoi, and will make a fresh approach for the forward this week.
The Bundesliga club attempted to bring in the Chelsea ace on loan this time last year, but saw their offer dismissed.
However, according to the Evening Standard, the Blues are now willing to allow the 21-year-old to leave Stamford Bridge.
It is thought that a loan deal is most likely, but the Londoners have not ruled out a permanent sale if a significant cash offer comes in.
Premier League clubs Southampton and Leicester have also been linked with the England international.
A Mouss have for Arsenal
Are Arsenal preparing to make a sensational £60m swoop for Bayer Leverkusen star Moussa Diaby?
According to Football Insider, the Arsenal majority owner Stan Kroenke has given the green light for the move for Diaby to go ahead.
The report says the Gunners believe the 23-year-old would ‘complete’ their attack but money could be a sticking point for the negotiation.
Bayer Leverkusen value the Frenchman at £60m which is believed to be beyond the amount Arsenal are willing to pay.
The London club were hoping for a lower fee but are ‘willing to push the boat out’ to secure the highly-rated Diaby.
Newcastle have also been linked with a swoop for the Bundesliga star this summer.
Diop to Fulham? Issa done
Fulham are on the verge of completing the signing of West Ham’s Issa Diop for £15m.
Guardian football reporter – and Hammers fan – Jacob Steinberg has tweeted that the deal is close after weeks of speculation.
Diop was left out of the East London club’s 2-0 home defeat to Manchester City yesterday afternoon despite a shortage of centre-backs.
And it’s a shortage of centre-backs that has seen the Cottagers chase the 25-year-old Frenchman for so long.
Marco Silva went into the season with only Tim Ream and Tosin Adarabioyo in the middle of defence, and has since added the loan signing of Shane Duffy.
Tottenham ready to offload two
It’s been a busy summer of incomings at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, but the club could be about two sell two of their outcasts.
Sky Sports News report that Villarreal are on the verge of completing permanent deals for Giovani Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele.
Both players spent the second half of last season out on loan after being told they don’t fit in with Antonio Conte’s long-term plans.
Lo Celso’s loan was with the Yellow Submarine, who have been suitably impressed enough to make a bid for the 26-year-old.
Ndombele, meanwhile, temporarily joined Lyon in France, but is now set for Spain – although Spurs are not expecting to recoup anywhere near the club record £55m that they paid for the midfielder.
Gunners could Net-o new star
Arsenal’s hopes of signing Pedro Neto have been boosted by the imminent arrival of Goncalo Guedes at Wolves.
That’s according to The Express, who believe that the signing of Guedes opens the door for Neto to depart Molineux.
And if it’s a case of one Portuguese star in, one out, then the Gunners will be a most interested party.
Mikel Arteta has been a long-term admirer of the 22-year-old winger, who has 11 goals and 12 assists to his name since moving to England.
Transfer watch: Gibbs-White to Forest?
Undeterred by Wolves rejecting their first three bids for Morgan Gibbs-White, Nottingham Forest are returning with an offer worth an astonishing £40m.
The Molineux club do not want to sell the 22-year-old, but can they afford to turn down such an eye-watering offer?
Rumour rating: ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️
Guedes to undergo Wolves medical
Goncalo Guedes is set to undergo a medical with Wolverhampton Wanderers today, according to Sky Sports News.
As we reported earlier, the Portuguese international is close to sealing a £27.5m move to Molineux.
The winger, who can also play as a second striker, will leave Valencia after five years at the Mestalla.
The 25-year-old will become Wolves’ third summer signing after the arrival of Nathan Collins and the permanent deal for Hee-chan Hwang.
Leipzig to seal Werner deal
Timo Werner’s ill-fated time at Chelsea will come to an end TODAY.
The German international’s return to RB Leipzig will be officially announced this afternoon.
The move back to the Bundesliga will bring an end to Werner’s disappointing two years at Stamford Bridge.
The striker arrived in England with a big reputation but ultimately failed to deliver.
In 56 Premier League appearances for the Blues, Werner scored just ten times.
United ‘working on’ Rabiot deal
Manchester United have begun negotiations with Adrien Rabiot while their move for Frenkie de Jong remains in jeopardy.
The Athletic report that the Red Devils are busy ‘working on’ a move for the Juventus midfielder.
And Old Trafford officials must now decide whether to push forward with a deal for the French international – or continue to wait on how the De Jong saga pans out.
Rabiot has one year remaining on his current deal with the Serie A giants, and is thought to be open to a move to the Premier League.
Gunners go seeking for Seko
Arsenal could turn their attention to Seko Fofana if they fail to land Leicester’s Youri Tielemans.
The Mirror have linked the impressive Lens midfielder with a possible move to the Emirates.
However, the reported £40m asking price is likely to put the Gunners off from bidding for the 27-year-old.
AC Milan and Newcastle are already said to be interested in the former Manchester City youngster.
Forfana failed to make a first team appearance during his time at the Etihad, but did enjoy a loan spell in the Championship with Fulham during 2014-15.
Bologna reject United’s Arnautovic offer
Bologna have supposedly rejected Manchester United’s opening offer for forward Marko Arnautovic.
Gianluca Di Marzio reports that the Serie A club have dismissed a bid of around £7.5m for the 33-year-old.
Erik ten Hag has identified the former Stoke and West Ham star as a short-term solution to his attacking problems at Old Trafford.
The United boss and his coach Steve McClaren know the Austrian well from their time together at FC Twente.
Arnautovic struck 14 goals in Serie A last season, but the stories linking him with the Red Devils have been met by criticism from fans.
Marcos close to Barca move
Marcos Alonso will complete his long-awaited move to Barcelona this week.
Fabrizio Romano has revealed that the Spanish wing-back will sign on at the Nou Camp after a final fee of less than €10m was agreed.
The Blues are now willing to let the 31-year-old leave after securing the services of Marc Cucurella.
Captain Cesar Azpilicueta was also expected to make the same move, but surprised everyone by U-turning last week and signing a new contract at Stamford Bridge.
Target Sesko to stay put
Benjamin Sesko will not be heading to Old Trafford – yet.
RB Salzburg’s 19-year-old wonderkid has emerged as a target for Manchester United and other Premier League clubs this summer.
And there had been reports that a £45m had been tabled for the Slovenian striker.
However, according to Fabrizio Romano, Sesko will NOT be leaving Salzburg in this transfer window.
The Austrian club are planning to keep their star until at least 2023 with the aim of securing an even bigger transfer fee.
Bees bag another great Dane
Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard is currently on his way to Brentford to seal a move to the Premier League rookies.
The Danish international – who scored a stunning free-kick against England in the semi-final of Euro 2020 – has agreed to a £16.7m deal.
A medical will take place this week and, according to Sky Sports News, the 22-year-old will sign a long-term contract with the Bees.
Damsgaard will become the SIXTH Danish player in Thomas Frank’s first team.
Blues ‘encouraged’ to land Zaha
Chelsea are being ‘encouraged’ to make a move for Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.
Thomas Tuchel is on the search for further firepower in attack, and talkSPORT understands that he has been told that the Eagles ace is the perfect fit.
Palace would be unwilling to sell their talisman, particularly to a London and Premier League rival, but know he has just one year remaining on his current deal at Selhurst Park.
And, according to the report, the 29-year-old Ivorian is keen on making the move across the capital to Stamford Bridge.
Toffees closing in on trio
Everton are close to completing the signings of three new players according to overnight reports.
Frank Lampard has moved quickly to bolster his defence with the capture of Wolves’ Conor Coady, after it became apparent that the England defender would not be a guaranteed starter for Bruno Lage this season.
And the Toffees will also bring in a pair of central midfielders.
Idrissa Gueye is poised to return to the club following three years at Pairs Saint-Germain.
Meanwhile, Amadou Onana will also swap Ligue 1 for Goodison by joining from Lille.
The Belgian looked set for West Ham last week before the Merseysiders hijacked the move.
No Gunners interest in GG
Arsenal were never in for Valencia’s Goncalo Guedes, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Portuguese forward is poised to join Wolves this week for £27.5m despite late interest from Newcastle.
According to widespread reports, the Molineux outfit had also beaten the Gunners to land the 25-year-old.
However, according to the transfer expert’s daily briefing, the Londoners were ‘never in the race’.
Guedes is expected in the Black Country today for a medical with the Old Gold.
Laporta wants to keep Frenkie
Barcelona president has struck a blow to Manchester United’s hopes of capturing Frenkie de Jong after revealing he wants to keep the Dutchman at the club.
It has previously been understood that the LaLiga giants needed to sell the midfielder in order to ease their financial burdens.
However, this weekend Laporta said: “Frenkie’s our player and we want him to stay at Barcelona, he wants to stay too.
“With him and his teammates, we have a very powerful midfield. He has offers, but we want him to stay.”
United have been locked in negotiations with club and player for three months, but also face competition from Chelsea.
Load more entries…
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.