MANCHESTER UNITED host Bayern Munich in a must-win Champions League match – but three points might still not be enough.
Erik ten Hag’s men currently find themselves rock bottom of Group A after failing to hold out against Galatasaray last time out.
United got embarrassed by Bournemouth at Old TraffordCredit: Getty
Harry Kane’s trophy hunt took a huge dent on SaturdayCredit: Reuters
But United can dramatically climb above Copenhagen and Galatasaray with a victory should their group compatriots draw in the other fixture.
And Bayern boss Thomas Tuchel is expected to rest several players having already booked a last-16 spot which could also go in United’s favour.
However, the Bavarians will be determined to bounce back from their recent 5-1 Eintracht Frankfurt drubbing.
When is Man Utd vs Bayern Munich?
- Manchester United’s thrilling Champions League match against Bayern Munich will take place on Tuesday, December 12.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 8pm GMT.
- Old Trafford is the allocated arena for this huge encounter and it can host approximately 74,310 roaring fans.
- Bayern ran out 4-3 winners when the two sides met in a dramatic reverse fixture.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich will be broadcast LIVE on TNT Sports 1 in the UK.
- Coverage is expected to commence from 7pm GMT – a whole hour before kick-off.
- Fans can stream the entire action on discovery+ through any tablet or mobile device.
- Alternatively, follow SunSport’s live blog for minute-by-minute coverage.
What is the team news?
The one positive Erik ten Hag would have taken from their recent crushing defeat to Bournemouth is not having any fresh injury concerns.
In addition to that, Casemiro is back on the grass which is a huge boost for the United gaffer.
Casemiro could return for this huge clashCredit: Getty
However, the quartet of Lisandro Martinez (foot), Tyrell Malacia (knee), Christian Eriksen (knee) and Amad Diallo (knee) will all miss out.
Most read in Champions League
Elsewhere, Thomas Tuchel received a double blow on Saturday as he witnessed his side being thrashed along with losing Serge Gnabry long-term due to a “major strain”.
And the German superstar will sit on the sidelines with Matthijs de Ligt (knee), Bouna Sarr (knee), Gabriel Marusic (knee) and Tarek Buchmann (hamstring).
What are the latest odds?
- Man Utd to win 8/5
- Draw 13/5
- Bayern to win 29/20
*Odds courtesy of Ladbrokes are correct at time of publication