CHELSEA host Real Madrid in a repeat of their Champions League semi-final from last season in the last eight of the competition this year.
The Blues overcame Los Blancos 3-1 on aggregate last season to reach the final they eventually won against Man City.
Pulisic scored in Chelsea’s 4-1 aggregate win over LilleCredit: Alamy
Benzema scored a hat-trick in his side’s 3-2 aggregate victory against PSGCredit: Getty
Thomas Tuchel‘s side, however, prepared in the worst way at the weekend, losing 4-1 to Brentford in an astonishing Premier League game at Stamford Bridge.
Real Madrid have also been in inconsistent form, losing an El Clasico clash with Barcelona 4-0 last month.
Chelsea will be confident they can do to Real what they did last year by beating them at The Bridge.
But Karim Benzema and Co will have a big say in whether the West London side can carry out their plan.
What time does Chelsea vs Real Madrid kick-off?
- Chelsea’s huge quarter-final with Real Madrid will get underway from 8pm UK time.
- The game will take place at Stamford Bridge in London.
- There will be a full capacity crowd in attendance at the match, with Chelsea fans now allowed to buy tickets following sanctions from the government.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Chelsea vs Real Madrid will be shown live on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the BT Sport app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- Coverage begins at 7.15pm.
Chelsea are still without Ben Chilwell and Callum Hudson-Odoi has both a back and an Achilles problem, so he won’t be available either.
Christian Pulisic could come into the side for Timo Werner, while Reece James is likely to start at right-wing back for the Blues.
Eden Hazard has a leg injury so he won’t be in Real Madrid’s squad to face his former side and Luka Jovic has an ankle issue.
Eder Militao risks missing out on the second leg if he receives a yellow card.
- Chelsea – 11/10
- Draw – 23/10
- Real Madrid – 14/5
- Chelsea to qualify – 8/11
- Real Madrid to qualify – 21/20
*Odds courtesy of Betfair and correct at time of publication.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.