THE Fifa Club World Cup is back with Bayern Munich heavy favourites to lift the trophy.
Originally scheduled for December 2020, the 17th edition of the tournament was pushed back two months due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Bayern Munich beat PSG 1-0 to win the Champions LeagueCredit: AFP OR LICENSORS
This year’s tournament takes place in Qatar – the hosts of the 2022 World Cup – and sees six clubs go for the trophy.
When is the Club World Cup?
- The tournament gets underway on Thursday, February 4 with back-to-back games.
- There is no Premier League representative featuring this year.
- Aukland City have withdrawn from the tournament due to Covid-19 restrictions, giving Al-Duhail a bye in the first round.
- The final itself will take place a week after the competition begins on Thursday, February 11.
- Kick-off for that game will be at 6pm GMT.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
You can watch EVERY match from Qatar live on free-to-air TV in the UK.
The BBC have the rights to show the competition and will be broadcasting the games on their streaming flatforms.
None of the matches will be shown on a TV channel, but will be accessible through the Red Button service on your remote.
Alternatively, head to the BBC iPlayer which is available on your TV box, Smart TV, phone, tablet, PC or games console.
Which teams are competing?
- Bayern Munich (Uefa Champions League winners)
- Palmeiras (CONMEBOL – Copa Libertadores winners)
- Tigres (CONCACAF Champions League winners)
- Al Ahly (CAF Champions League winners)
- Ulsan Hyundai (AFC Champions League winners)
- Al-Duhail (tournament hosts)
- Aukland City (WITHDRAWN)
Palmeiras go into the competition after their dramatic stoppage time win in the Copa Libertadores finalCredit: AFP
- Thursday, February 4: Tigres vs Ulsan Hyundai (2pm GMT) – Khalifa
- Thursday, February 4: Al-Duhail vs Al Ahly (5.30pm GMT) – Khalifa
- Sunday, February 7: Second round 1 loser vs Second round 2 loser (3pm GMT) – Education City Stadium
- Sunday, February 7: Palmeiras vs Tigres/Ulsan Hyundai (6pm GMT) – Khalifa
- Monday, February 8: Al Duhail/Al Alhy vs Bayern Munich (6pm GMT) – Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Third place play-off
- Thursday, February 11: Semi-final 1 loser vs Semi-final 2 loser (3pm GMT) – Education City Stadium
- Thursday, February 11: Semi-final 1 winner vs Semi-final 2 winner (6pm GMT) – Education City Stadium
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.