CHELSEA will be hoping to distance themselves from the Wembley nightmare when they welcome Leicester City to Stamford Bridge THIS THURSDAY.
Mason Mount’s penalty miss ultimately led to Liverpool winning the FA Cup finalCredit: Getty
Jamie Vardy added another couple goals to his tally against WatfordCredit: Reuters
And it would have felt like deja vu for Thomas Tuchel who witnessed his side lose out to Liverpool on penalties yet again.
However, the Chelsea head coach will now be more concerned on securing Champions League qualification for next season.
Which his men can do should they earn all three points over a Leicester side who recently hit five against Watford.
What time does Chelsea vs Leicester kick off?
- Chelsea entertain Leicester City on Thursday, May 19.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 8pm UK time.
- Stamford Bridge will be the location for this eye-catching clash which can hold around 41,000 fans.
- The Blues ran riot when the sides met earlier on in the season.
What TV channel is Chelsea vs Leicester on and can I live stream it?
- Unfortunately, Chelsea vs Leicester will NOT be broadcasted live on television in the UK.
- This is the match which was initially moved due to Chelsea’s FA Cup final, was never meant to be originally aired on TV.
- However, subscription members of NBC Sport can stream the game live via the NBC website or app.
Thomas Tuchel revealed that Timo Werner’s absents from the FA Cup final was due to a minor knock that he felt in the warm-up which makes the German a doubt for the Leicester encounter.
Werner’s fellow countryman Kai Havertz was another squad player unavailable as his hamstring injury continues to cause him a concern going forward.
Thiago Silva has also become a doubt having battled through 75 minutes of pain in the clash at Wembley with a minor injury.
As for Ben Chilwell and Callum Hudson-Odoi, they remain out for the foreseeable future.
Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers’ has no further injury concerns ahead of Leicester’s trip to Stamford Bridge.
Wesley Fofana missed the 3-0 win over Norwich with a tight calf, but the Frenchman returned for the pummelling on Watford.
Whilst Jamie Vardy’s wrist scare was nothing serious as the English forward added another two goals to his tally against the Hornets.
- Chelsea to win 1/3
- Draw 18/5
- Leicester to win 15/2
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.