ARSENAL will finish this season trophyless after their Europa League exit by Villarreal in the week.
And next face West Brom in the Premier League this weekend, who need a miracle to have any hope of staying in the top flight this season.
Arsenal were knocked out of Europe in the week
When is Arsenal vs West Brom?
- Arsenal vs West Brom takes place on Sunday, May 9.
- The match kicks off at 7pm BST.
- The Emirates Stadium – with no fans in attendance – plays host.
What TV channel and live stream is Arsenal vs West Brom on?
Arsenal vs West Brom will be broadcast live on BT Sport 1.
BT begin their coverage at 6pm.
How can I watch if for FREE?
- EE customers can get BT Sport INCLUDED to their plan at no extra cost if they are on a plan with Smart Benefits – simply log in to EE and choose BT Sport app.
- And then get it on the big screen by texting SPORT to 150 to get a FREE three-month trial of large screen so you can cast all the action on your TV.
- At the end of the three months you will automatically roll onto the £15 per month subscription unless cancelled.
What is the team news?
Grani Xhaka is a doubt for Arsenal. The Swiss star withdrew from their Europa League tie against Villarreal with a muscle problem and was replaced before kick-off with Kieran Tierney.
David Luiz (hamstring) is a doubtful to feature.
What have they said?
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on young stars Emile Smith Rowe and Bukayo Saka: “It gives me a lot of confidence because they have shown what they can do.”
“It’s true that playing in a semi-final at this level is a different story, but as well they need the right surroundings around them to grow, without putting too much pressure on them.
“[Emile] took responsibility in the second half, he really tried. He had a big chance to score and I think he was feeling responsible, which is a good reaction from him but we have to bear in mind that those players have never played a game like that, it was their first experience and they have to go through that – and they will learn.”
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.