CHELSEA have the chance to completely fill their trophy cabinet as they take on Palmeiras in the Club World Cup final.
The Blues beat Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal on Wednesday night thanks to Romelu Lukaku’s first-half effort.
Chelsea beat Al-Hilal 1-0 in the Club World Cup semi-finalCredit: Getty
Brazilian side Palmeiras overcame Al Ahly 2-0 and will be very competitive with the Blues in what should be an enthralling final.
Chelsea lost the Club World Cup final to Corinthians in 2012 and will be desperate to win the one trophy which has alluded them so far.
Thomas Tuchel will also have the chance to win his third trophy as Chelsea boss, having won the Champions League and Super Cup last year.
What time does Chelsea vs Palmeiras kick-off?
- Chelsea’s big Club World Cup final with Palmeiras will get going from 4.30pm UK time on Saturday, February 12.
- The game will take place at the Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- There will be thousands of fans in attendance at the stadium, which holds a capacity of 42,000.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Chelsea vs Palmeiras in the Club World Cup final will be shown live for FREE on Channel 4 for viewers in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the All 4 app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Can I watch for FREE?
- Yes, the game is available for FREE on Channel 4.
- You can also catch the action on the All 4 app.
Chelsea have a fully fit squad, other than long-term absentees Reece James and Ben Chilwell.
The only selection headache for Thomas Tuchel is whether to play returning goalkeeper Edouard Mendy over Kepa Arrizabalaga, who will almost certainly be used if a penalty shootout scenario comes to fruition.
Mason Mount is likely to start the game again, while Romelu Lukaku and Kai Havertz are expected to feature up front.
Eduard Atuesta, who just signed for Palmeiras, could start in midfield, but 19-year-old Henri remains sidelined with injury.
- Chelsea – 4/6
- Draw – 29/10
- Palmeiras – 4/1
- Chelsea to lift trophy – 1/4
- Palmeiras to lift trophy – 5/2
*Odds courtesy of Betfair and correct at time of publication.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.