THE football ace accused of raping a woman on a Mediterranean holiday was yesterday re-arrested over two separate rapes on a second alleged victim.
The new claims emerged after an Instagram exchange between his accusers, The Sun understands.
The footie ace accused of raping a woman was re-arrested over two separate rapes on a second alleged victimCredit: Getty
A woman had told Met officers she was raped by him during a sunshine break a week ago and showed them evidence of bruising she claimed she suffered in the alleged attack.
However, she also told police she had been contacted by the second alleged victim.
A source said last night: “The woman received a private message on Instagram.
“The correspondent claimed that she had been raped by this footballer in 2021.
“When the woman was giving her statement to police about last month’s alleged holiday attack, she also showed cops the messages she had received.
“Police took the separate claims very seriously, and re- arrested the player in relation to those accounts too. This is now a multi-pronged inquiry.”
The two alleged victims are both in their 20s.
The top-tier player — who is in his 20s — was kept in police custody for well over 24 hours. Last night he was released on bail until a date in August.
He was due to join his Premier League side for a pre-season tour next week
His club’s chiefs chose not to comment on the developments.
But a source said: “What was a shock for the club originally has now totally rocked bosses.”
She spoke to cops on her return to the UK and made a full statement at a police station on Sunday evening.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.