CRISTIANO RONALDO was reportedly offered to both Inter Milan and AC Milan.
But both clubs are said to have snubbed the chance to sign the wantaway Manchester United star in a fresh blow.
Cristiano Ronaldo is not wanted by either Inter or AC MilanCredit: Richard Pelham / The Sun
Inter Milan are happy with their strike force including Romelu LukakuCredit: Reuters
Ronaldo, 37, continues to be linked with a transfer away from Old Trafford this summer.
He sat down for showdown talks with new boss Erik ten Hag and agent Jorge Mendes when he returned to Carrington last month.
Ronaldo wants to play Champions League football and compete for the top honours in the game – something not currently on offer with the shambles at United.
According to reporter Tancredi Palmeri, the forward’s name was put to the two San Siro clubs.
However, he adds neither side were willing to explore the possibility of landing the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
Moves to Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Sporting Lisbon and Corinthians have all been reported but not come to fruition for Ronaldo this summer.
And so after being brought back in to start in the humiliation at Brentford on Saturday – with less than three weeks of the window remaining – it looks like he may be staying put after all.
The Portugal captain was visibly furious with goalkeeper David de Gea after his pair of calamitous howlers to gift Brentford an early 2-0 lead.
And his mood was no better come full-time as he stormed down the tunnel, ignoring the away fans and Ten Hag.
The manager this week claimed Ronaldo has not actually told the club he wants to quit – but the hammering in West London will not have helped the situation at all.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.