CHELSEA will take on Man City in an all-English Champions League final this year.
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
The Champions League final will be in Istanbul
Though because of the global covid pandemic, the competition has had a very different look to it this year.
When is the Champions League final, and where’s it being held?
- The Champions League final will take place on Saturday, May 29.
- The Ataturk Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey – famously the location of Liverpool’s 3-3 comeback win over AC Milan in 2005 – will host the showpiece this season.
- The kick-off time has yet to be decided, though it is expected to begin at 8pm BST.
Are Chelsea and Man City fans allowed to attend the Champions League final?
- With the UK’s ban on non-essential international travel set to expire on May 17, Chelsea and/or Man City fans should be allowed to travel to Turkey for the match.
- However, the Turkish government will decide if any tickets will be allocated to travelling supporters of the participating clubs.
- Uefa have not placed any restrictions on ticket sales meaning Turkey is allowed to hold the game with any number of fans it chooses.
- Coronavirus cases in Turkey remain high, with the country having just entered a full lockdown.
- This means Turkey is likely to be on the UK’s amber list when travel resumes.
- This would see fans from the UK forced to quarantine for ten days on their return and take a pre-departure Covid test plus PCR tests on Day 2 and Day 8 after landing.
- Despite this, UK fans would have no problems entering Turkey, with the Turkish government set to allow British travellers to enter without proof of vaccination or negative test from May 15.
- There has not yet been any suggestion from the UK or Turkey that fans could avoid quarantine through a bubble arrangement.
- Fans of the two Europa League finalists will get 2000 tickets each for that final in Gdansk, but Uefa have yet to announce an allocation for the Champions League final.
The Ataturk Stadium plays host this year
Can I get tickets?
UEFA have revealed in their latest update that details are to follow soon on how you can get tickets to the big one.
UEFA said: “The UEFA Champions League Final 2021 will take place in Istanbul, Turkey in the Ataturk Olympic Stadium on Saturday, 29 May 2021.
“Information about the ticket sales for this match (availability of tickets, application deadline, ticket prices, etc.) should be communicated around end of April 2021.
“More details will follow in due course.”
What are the Champions League semi-finals?
- Semi-final second legs
- Tuesday, May 4
- Man City 2-0 PSG
- Wednesday, May 5
- Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.