The Dead Man is set for a new role (Credit: WWE)
The Undertaker officially retired from WWE last month – and now Triple H appears to have confirmed his next big role will be with NXT.
The Dead Man – whose real name is Mark Calaway – looks set to join his long time friend and onscreen rival behind the scenes on the black and gold brand, and the pair have held talks to discuss the next phase of his carer.
Speaking to media including Metro.co.uk immediately following NXT TakeOver: WarGames, he said: ‘He is looking now, I believe, to move to the next phase of his life and we talked a lot about it.
‘It involves being here, it involves the future, it involves getting more into that. I would like to believe he has earned the taking a breath off of his retirement for a moment, but we actually just touched base in the last couple of days.
‘And that is something that, coming out of the holidays, we will certainly be talking about in 2021 – which is just one more reason to be excited about next year, with everything else that is happening.
Undertaker looks set to join Triple H’s NXT brand (Photo: WWE)
‘I think him involved, I just… I can’t stress enough how impactful that would be for everybody.’
Quizzed by Inside The Ropes on Taker’s future and potential involvement in the brand, Paul “Triple H” Levesque admitted even he’s been learning from the Phenom over the years.
‘Well, I can tell you this, that any time Taker is involved here, any time he has walked through these doors, everybody that’s here is better for it,’ he added.
‘They all come out of here with a different perspective, a fresh viewpoint, and he’s one of the most knowledgeable guys that has ever been in the business, I believe. Even myself, I learn from him every time I’m around him.’
Meanwhile, Triple H also opened up on the New Year’s Evil announcement, with the NXT TV special coming on January 6 – and he confirmed a similar model will be coming to NXT UK in the future.
‘This business, in some ways, is like a great book. Every show is a different chapter. Some of the chapters or setups for other big chapters, and you have to have those big deliver chapters throughout, and that’s what we’re looking at doing with this,’ he told Metro.co.uk.
‘Is that something we would look to do in the UK? Absolutely. For us in the UK, it was really about getting it started it again and getting everybody back engaged again.
‘That brand had kinda just got rolling when it all kinda pulled back. So, it’s about getting people comfortable with the characters again, getting people comfortable with the storylines again. I’m a big fan of that brand.’
Triple H pointed to the likes of Tyler Bate, Ilja Dragunov, Piper Niven, Kay Lee Ray and WALTER as names to watch out for, and reiterated his grand plans for the WWE’s British brand.
‘There’s so many [great talents], and yes, absolutely, that’s where we want to get them going,’ he said.
‘We want to build that brand into a global brand as well. That’s a little difficult in this timeframe but we’ll definitely head down that road and for sure you will see more of that in the future across all of it.’
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.