- Rachel Zoe’s 9-year-old son, Skyler, is making a remarkable recovery after he reportedly fell 40 feet from a ski lift on Sunday, the fashion designer shared on her Instagram.
- Zoe said ski patrollers placed a mat on the ground to cushion Skyler’s fall.
- Skyler was previously seen recovering in a hospital in a story on Zoe’s Instagram, Insider previously reported.
- Less than 48 hours after the fall, Zoe shared another Instagram story of Skyler singing happy birthday to her other son, Kaius.
- Zoe said the love fans sent to Skyler via Instagram has helped the whole family heal from the incident.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fashion icon Rachel Zoe’s 9-year-old Skyler Morrison Berman sang “Happy Birthday” to his little brother on Tuesday, just 48 hours after falling 40 feet from a ski lift.
Zoe posted a video about Skyler’s speedy recovery to her Instagram feed. She expressed gratitude in her caption to all those who reached out to the family while Skyler was in the hospital.
“I don’t typically share traumatic moments with my community, but the love we felt from so many of you was overwhelming and truly helped heal us all,” Zoe wrote, adding that it was Skyler who wanted to post the video.
“He felt bad so many people were so worried about him,” the caption reads.
In the video, Skyler reassures viewers that although his neck is sore, he can walk, run, and “go upside-down.”
Skyler was also seen singing for his brother’s birthday on Zoe’s Instagram story.
Zoe said that Skyler wasn’t on the ski lift when it began to move and that her husband, Rodger Berman, yelled to the operator to stop the lift.
Zoe said ski patrollers saved Skyler by placing a mat where they thought he would land to cushion his fall. The distance Skyler fell is equivalent to between three and four stories of a building.
Skyler went to an emergency room. Zoe said she and Berman were “scarred for life” by the incident.
It’s unclear where the family was skiing, but the location in the recovery video post is Aspen Mountain. Zoe’s Instagram Story showed a photo of Skyler in a hospital.
“I’m totally fine. It’s just I’m a little sore,” Skyler said in a video. He stood up and walked around in his pajamas to show viewers he was doing all right.
While the incident left his parents feeling “shattered and numb,” Zoe wrote, her son was “in great spirits.”
“Truth be told Sky was more brave then either of us and we continue to just kiss, hug and simply just stare at him until further notice,” she wrote. “Hug your babies extra from us today.”
Zoe did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.