CHELSEA return to the big screens on Sunday for a tough trip to Leeds United – and Thomas Tuchel will be watching from afar.
The Blues boss saw red last weekend courtesy of some emotional full-time antics with Tottenham manager Antonio Conte.
Thomas Tuchel and Antonio Conte for their full-time antics last weekendCredit: Rex
Rodrigo’s double came in vain as Leeds could only achieve a draw against SouthamptonCredit: Getty
Which incidentally rubbed salt into the wounds as Tuchel saw Harry Kane’s last-gasp header snatch the three points from his side’s hands.
However, Chelsea will be eager to do their gaffer proud when they come up against a rejuvenated Leeds side away from home.
But Jesse Marsch’s team could feel a little deflated having recently threw away a two goal lead at St. Mary’s to draw 2-2 with Southampton.
What time does Leeds vs Chelsea kick off?
- Leeds are set to entertain Chelsea on Sunday, August 21.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 2pm UK time.
- Elland Road in Leeds is the allocated arena for this match and it can hold around 37,792 spectators.
- Chelsea humiliated the Whites at the back end of last season when the teams met at this same venue.
What TV channel is Leeds vs Chelsea on and can I live stream it?
- Leeds vs Chelsea will be broadcasted LIVE on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League in the UK.
- Pre-match build up will commence from 1pm UK time – one hour before kick-off on Sky Sports Premier League whilst there will be NO early coverage on Sky Sports Main Event.
- Subscription members of Sky Sports have the option to stream the entire action live via the Sky Sports website or Sky Go app.
Leeds’ lengthy list of injuries will have some new additions as gaffer Jesse Marsch confirmed that Patrick Bamford picked up a knock during the match against Southampton.
Whilst Joe Gelhardt felt a little pain the day before the game which ruled him out.
They add to the quartet of Junior Firpo, Luke Ayling, Stuart Dallas and Liam Cooper.
Elsewhere, Thomas Tuchel will be hoping assistant coach Arno Michels can step up to the plate for this weekends clash with Leeds.
However, Michels is set to be without French icon N’Golo Kante who picked up a hamstring injury against Tottenham.
And Mateo Kovacic’s knee problems continues to keep him in the treatment room.
As for full-back Marcos Alonso, the Spaniard has played no part for Chelsea this season as he is trying to finalise a move to Barcelona.
- Leeds to win 9/2
- Draw 10/3
- Chelsea to win 1/2
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.