“Internet Streamed Castration: Man Accused of Multiplie Inhuman Act”
Nine men have been charged with performing castrations as part of a grisly subscription website (Picture: Getty)
A man accused of castrating other men and broadcasting the footage on his ‘eunuch maker’ website has appeared in court.
Marius Gustavson, along with eight others, is alleged to have performed extreme body modifications on his victims, which included removing their penises and testicles.
Westminster Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday how the group would film the surgeries and upload them to Gustavson’s eunuch maker website, where subscribers would pay to watch the procedures.
Gustavson, who is originally from Norway, is said to have been the ringleader of the wide-ranging conspiracy, which involved up to 29 offences involving extreme body modifications, the removal and trade of body parts, and the uploading of illicit videos.
Marius Gustavson is accused of running a ‘eunuch maker’ website in which he castrated men and streamed the operations to subscribers (Picture: Getty)
The Metropolitan Police said the charges relate to 13 alleged victims.
Raids were carried out in London, Scotland and South Wales on Wednesday morning and a total of nine men later appeared in courts in central London and Wales over the alleged six-year plot, which is said to have brought in some £200,000 in income.
Gustavson, from Tottenham, north London, is charged with conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm with intent between January 1 2016 and January 1 last year, along with five counts of causing GBH to five alleged victims.
The GBH charges include the removal of a man’s penis, the clamping of another’s testicles and freezing of a leg which required amputation.
He is further charged with acquiring or possessing criminal property, making an indecent image of a child and distributing an indecent image of a child.
The court heard Gustavson, who appeared in the dock in a wheelchair, has had his own leg, penis and nipple removed.
He appeared alongside Peter Wates, 65, from Croydon, in south London, who is charged with conspiracy to cause GBH with intent.
Wates is alleged to have been involved with nine of the 29 incidents while Romanian national Ion Ciucur, 28, who works in a hotel in Gretna Green, Scotland, is said to have been involved in two.
Ciucur, who appeared separately, faces the same count of conspiracy to cause GBH and all three men were remanded in custody ahead of their next appearance at the Old Bailey on April 19.
Three other men – David Carruthers, 60, Janus Atkin, 37, and Ashley Williams, 31 – who are all from Newport, in Gwent, South Wales, appeared at Newport Magistrates’ Court, charged with being involved in the same conspiracy.
They were granted bail and will appear at the Old Bailey on the same date for a plea hearing.
Nathan Arnold, 47, from South Kensington, west London, Damien Byrnes, 35, from Tottenham, north London, and Jacob Crimi-Appleby, 22, from Epsom, Surrey, also appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday each charged with a single offence of causing GBH with intent.
Arnold is alleged to have removed Gustavson’s nipple, Byrnes is accused of removing his penis and Crimi-Appleby is accused of freezing his leg requiring amputation.
They were each granted bail and will also appear at the Old Bailey with their co-defendants next month.
None of them have entered pleas to any of the charges.
The group is said to have been part of a society in which people willingly undergo extreme body modification.
The practice is linked to a subculture where men become ‘nullos’, short for genital nullification, by having their penis and testicles removed.
The Met said in a statement: ‘We encourage anyone who has had similar experiences to seek medical advice from their local sexual health clinic or GP.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more stories like this, check our news page.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.