The active cases further declined to 6, 43,194 comprising 2.14 percent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has improved to 96.56 percent, the data updated at 8 am showed
India’s total tally of cases crossed the 3-crore mark with one crore infections being added in 50 days.
The total tally mounted to 3,00,28,709, with 50,848 new infections being reported in a day.
The death toll climbed to 3,90,660 with 1,358 fresh fatalities, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Wednesday.
India’s total infections had surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19 after which it took around 136 days to cross the 2-crore mark on May 4.
The active cases further declined to 6, 43,194 comprising 2.14 percent of the total infections, while the national recovery rate has improved to 96.56 percent, the data updated at 8 am showed.
A net decline of 19,327 cases has been recorded in the caseload in a span of 24 hours.
Key highlights from today’s data at a glance
– Deaths below 1,500 for the third consecutive day. New cases below 60,000 for the fourth day
– Total cases in India cross the 3 crore mark, of which 1.98 crore (65.8 percent) reported in 2021
– Kerala reports 12.62k new cases, Maharashtra 8.47k, Tamil Nadu 6.89k
– Maharashtra reports 482 new deaths, Tamil Nadu 194, Kerala 141
– 7 states/UTs report rise in active cases
– Kerala reports rise in active cases after 39 days
– Recovery rate above 90% in all states and UTs except for 4 northeastern states: Mizoram, Manipur, Sikkim and Meghalaya
– Difference between new cases reported in the last 7 days and the preceding 7 days is -27 percent (world average is -5 percent)
– 54.24 lakh new vaccinations. 29.46 crore total. 47.99 lakh received their first dose yesterday, 6.25 lakh second dose
– Vaccinations above 50 lakh for the second day
– 19.01 lakh new tests. Test positivity rate: 2.67 percent (2.56 percent the previous day)
– Test positivity rate below 3 percent for the 2nd day
– Test positivity rate: Sikkim 16.23 percent, Manipur 12 percent, Mizoram 10.82 percent, Kerala 10.72 percent. Uttar Pradesh 0.08 percent, Jharkhand 0.08 percent, Madhya Pradesh 0.10 percent
– South America now reports more new cases than Asia
With inputs from PTI
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.