Table of Contents
- Berlin hosted the Summer season Olympics in 1936, primarily from the Olympiastadion Berlin, or Olympic Stadium.
- Virtually 90 years later, among the venues from the Berlin Olympics are empty and deserted, however the Olympiastadion remains to be getting used right now.
- The opening ceremony of the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York, was held on the non permanent Lake Placid Equestrian Stadium.
- It is now known as the Juan Antonio Samaranch Olympic Corridor and sits subsequent to a cemetery memorializing those that died throughout the siege of Sarajevo.
- The centerpiece of the 1996 Summer season Video games in Atlanta, Georgia, was Centennial Olympic Stadium.
- The Olympic Stadium of Athens, used for the 2004 Summer season Video games, is nicknamed “Spyros Louis” after the famed Greek Olympian.
- Now, a number of Greek soccer groups share the stadium with touring musicians, like Girl Gaga, U2, and Celine Dion in 2023.
- In 2008, the Summer season Olympics had been held in Beijing, China. The festivities had been opened and closed on the Beijing Nationwide Stadium.
- In 2022, the Beijing Nationwide Stadium will change into one of some Olympic stadiums for use for each summer time and winter video games.