- Gwrych Castle in North Wales has been abandoned for decades.
- Mark Baker is in charge of restoring the castle, and he spoke to Insider about the castle’s long history.
- Built in the early 1800s, the castle originally acted as a private residence and then as a site for medieval reenactments.
- The castle is also said to be haunted by the ghost of its former owner, Countess Winifred.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more.
Across the world, abandoned castles stand in ruin, but none has quite as interesting a history as North Wales’ Gwrych Castle.
Built in the early 1800s, this castle was a private residence and then became a site for medieval reenactments. Insider spoke with Mark Baker, who is in charge of restoring the castle, to learn more about its history and the ghosts that haunt the grounds.
Keep reading to step inside the 200-year-old Gwrych Castle.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.