Caption: Vegan folded sushi wrap
Ever find yourself struggling to think of tasty midweek meal ideas? Because we certainly do.
Cooking for oneself can be a joy, but it can also be an absolute nightmare.
Long working days are a recipe for exhaustion and make many of us reach for convenient but unhealthy options.
Quick, easy and nutritious creations are what we want to see on our daily menus, and we think we might just have found this week’s delicious option.
Fiona Uyema is a chef and cookbook author who immersed herself in the wonders of Asian food culture after extensively travelling the continent.
After building an understanding of the exotic ingredients, spices and traditional recipes, she went on to create her Fused cookery range, which features premium Asian cookery sauces and ingredients.
But it’s her fast and simple recipes that are catching our intention.
The recipe is inspired by the viral folded tortilla hack on TikTok (Picture: Fiona Uyema)
Inspired by the viral folded tortilla hack from TikTok, Fiona has swapped the tortilla for sushi and made it vegan-friendly. It’s a tasty yet convenient feast, and we can’t wait to try it.
The folded wrap recipe serves four and can be used as a lunch or dinner option.
- 320 g freshly steamed sushi rice
- 50 ml sushi vinegar
- 1 block firm tofu drained, sliced & pan-fried with a little oil
- 1 carrot sliced thinly
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
- 4 nori Sheets
- Chopped ginger
- Soy sauce
- In a small bowl, combine freshly steamed sushi rice & sushi vinegar. Make sure to mix well.
- Take one nori sheet and use a pair of scissors to cut the sheet from the middle, bottom-up, halfway to the centre only.
- Place one of the 4 toppings (rice, tofu, avocado, carrots) in each of the four square sections of the nori sheet.
- Lastly, drizzle some soy sauce onto one of the quadrants and place a little chopped ginger on another.
- To fold, start with the bottom right corner. Fold it upwards, then fold it to the left, and finally fold it downwards.
- Pour some soy sauce into a small dish to dip your wrap into while eating. Enjoy!
- TIP: Have a bowl of water to dip your fingers into so the rice won’t stick to your fingers when preparing the wrap.
Do you have a story to share?
Send us an email at email@example.com
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.