SAS: Who Dares Wins fans were very confused when Ant Middleton appeared on the show’s new series despite getting the sack.
Ant Middleton turned up on the latest series of SAS: Who Dares WinsCredit: Channel 4
Ant will also star in a celebrity special this autumn. However he will not be invited to return in 2022.
“Thought Ant had been sacked from this show,” wrote one Twitter user.
Another added: “I wasn’t expecting to see Ant on #SASWhoDaresWins ? Is this the last series before he left ??”
But that left fans of the show confused because he was fired very spectacularly from the showCredit: seven
Ant filmed part of the series before he was fired from the Channel 4 showCredit: seven
He was replaced by Melvyn Downes on the new series
And a third said: “I thought Ant Middleton had been binned off.”
There was a social media backlash in June 2020 after Ant posted a video of violence at anti-racism protests in London.
He tweeted: “The extreme left against the extreme right. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo.”
Ant was fired over a series of missteps including controversial opinions on Black Lives Matter and the coronavirusCredit: antmiddleton/instagram
He was informed of the sudden decision by Channel 4 to no longer employ him on March 1, 2021 – just weeks ahead of the planned start date for the latest series.
Reports also circulated that Middleton had been fired after female crew members raised concerns regarding “inappropriate comments” he had made.
The broadcaster has since said it will never work with him again due to his “personal conduct”.
He is currently Down Under filming the Australian version of the show with his co-star Mark Billingham.
Ant will still appear on the Australian version of SAS which is made by a different networkCredit: Splash News
He is in Sydney currently filming the Australian seriesCredit: Instagram
Ant will also appear on a celebrity version of SAS in the UK before being finally removed from thhe showCredit: Instagram
After Ant’s final appearance in the sixth series, TV bosses shook up the line-up with a new fierce face to put contestants through their paces.
Former soldier Melvyn Downes joined the team tonight, alongside Ant, Jason Fox, and Mark “Billy” Billingham.
He will be the show’s first mixed-race officer and member of the Directing Staff (DS), which he said was a “great opportunity” to represent minorities on TV.
Future series which will air in 2022 could also see other new recruits elected to put members of the public to the test.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.