SARAH Ferguson is likely to be subpoenaed in Prince Andrew’s sex case as lawyers want to grill her over his Pizza Express alibi, a reports says.
The Duchess of York is likely to be subpoenaed in Andrew’s sex caseCredit: PA:Press Association
In a disastrous Newsnight interview, Andrew claimed he was at a pizza restaurant in Woking on the evening of one of the alleged encounters with Virginia – a former sex slave of Jeffrey Epstein.
Courtiers believe that since the Duchess’ whereabouts were a part of her ex-husband’s story, she will likely be called to testify by his accuser’s legal team.
The Duke’s lawyers are prepared to fight the allegations against him but if the case progresses, he will have to hand over personal documents and information, reports the Sunday Telegraph.
It would also mean that people close to him, such as family and friends, could be called to testify, including the Duchess of York.
The Prince has always vehemently denied he has had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia.
Bradley Simon, a defence attorney specialising in complex civil litigation, told the Sunday Telegraph: “They’re going to ask for a kitchen sink.
“They’re going to seek every correspondence, phone logs, emails, diaries. They’re going to go after people who were with him. It’s going to be open season.”
During his BBC Newsnight interview, Andrew suggested that the night he was alleged to have had sex with Virginia in 2001 he was actually at a Pizza Express birthday party in Woking.
He had said at the time: “That couldn’t have happened because the date being suggested — the 10th of March — I was at home with the children.
? Read our Prince Andrew live blog for the latest updates
“I’d taken Beatrice to a Pizza Express in Woking for a party at about 4 or 5 in the afternoon.
“And then because the Duchess was away, we have a simple rule in the family that when one is away the other is there.”
It comes as it has been claimed that Andrew had the “time of his life” at a dinner party hosted by his former friend Epstein, in a Manhattan mansion in 2010.
Earlier this week, Andrew was seen waving as he ended his three-week Balmoral hideaway.
The Duke of York had been staying at the Queen’s 50,000-acre Scottish estate as US lawyers tried to serve sex abuse lawsuit papers to him.
On Friday, lawyers officially conceded that the legal papers relating to Virginia’s sex assault claims have been served to the royal’s legal team.
The Duke has until October 29 to respond to the civil suit while a court hearing is due in New York on November 3.
Representatives of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson have been reached for comment.
Ms Giuffre is suing the Queen’s son for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was a teenagerCredit: Nicholas Razzell
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.