If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
- When Airbnb hosts open their homes to month-long bookings, they can set whatever discount they want.
- For long-term travelers, this means huge savings can be gained if you know where to look.
- We rounded up the best Airbnbs with discounts of 40% or more for long-term stays.
With remote work the new norm due to the pandemic, you may be considering taking a month-long (or longer!) working vacation. After all, if you can work from home, you can work from anywhere, as long as there’s good Wi-Fi.
However, going away for a month or more is easier said than done and can get quite pricey if you’re still paying for rent or a mortgage back home. Not to mention, it can be difficult to find a short-term sublet and hotel rates aren’t that sustainable when you’re staying for multiple weeks.
You could go a more traditional route to find a short-term sublet, but more and more Airbnb hosts are also allowing their homes to be booked for longer periods.
Travelers taking advantage of long-term Airbnb rentals is a rising trend, and many hosts will even offer discounts to make their listing more appealing. However, the size of the discount is totally up to the host. While some hosts may set a measly 10% or 15% discount, others are offering huge savings of 40% or more.
As always, it’s important to remember there is no guarantee of safety while the pandemic is still ongoing. We always recommend following guidance from the CDC, practicing social distancing, wearing masks in public areas, washing hands frequently, and practicing extra precaution if you plan to travel to or from a hot spot area.
That said, a long-term Airbnb may still be a good choice if you need somewhere to stay while obliging local quarantine mandates and some listings offer weekly discounts as well. Plus, every listing must adhere to Airbnb’s Enhanced Cleaning and it’s a good way to earn some travel points for that big international trip you’re planning for when the pandemic is finally and truly over.
We chose top discounted long-term Airbnbs based on the following criteria:
- Airbnb listings are for the entire home, so you don’t have to worry about sharing a bathroom or keeping your distance from others.
- Discounts are 40% or higher, but be aware the final price does not include fees.
- We found a range of locations and prices to suit a variety of needs. Discounted listings currently range from $674 to $2,262 per month.
- All are highly-rated Airbnb listings with a review score of 4.7 or higher.
- Each listing has committed to Airbnb’s Enhanced Cleaning Protocol, which sets a high standard for cleanliness between guest visits.
Here are some of the best long-term Airbnbs with big discounts for monthly stays, sorted by price, from low to high.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.