“Discover Your Partner: 80 Love and Sex Questions to Ask”
Share this article via facebookShare this article via whatsappShare this article via twitterShare this article via messenger
Talking about anything and everything helps ensure you’re on the same page (Picture: Getty Images)
In a new relationship, it can feel like there’s so much you don’t yet know about your partner.
What are their hopes and dreams? What was their childhood like? Things that, when shared, strengthen your bond and cement your compatibility as a couple.
It’s also important to talk about matters of the heart, both to ensure you’re on the same page and create an open and shame-free atmosphere.
To help get conversation flowing, we’ve compiled a list of 80 sex and love questions to ask when you’re in the early stages of dating.
While covering everything might feel more like an interrogation than a romantic chat, cherry-picking the questions that are relevant to you can offer a unique insight into your partner’s mind.
Grab a drink or some snacks, turn off the TV, and get to know what makes each other tick – in and out of the bedroom.
- What did you first find attractive about me?
- What do you think your sexiest feature is?
- Do you have a ‘type’?
- What was your first sexual experience like?
- What was your best sexual experience like? (this one may be best avoided if you struggle with retroactive jealousy)
- Would you say you’re more kinky or vanilla?
- What’s your number one sexual fantasy?
- Is there anything you’d love to try out with me?
- How many people have you slept with?
- Where is the weirdest/wildest place you’ve ever had sex?
- In an ideal world, how regularly would you like to have sex?
- Since you lost your virginity, what’s the longest you’ve gone without having sex?
- What do you think is the most important part of a relationship?
- Where on your body do you love to be kissed/touched most?
- Where on my body do you love to kiss/touch most?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you prefer to have sex early on in a relationship or wait until there’s an emotional bond?
- What’s your ultimate dealbreaker in a relationship?
- What’s your biggest turn-off in the bedroom?
- What turns you on most?
- What makes you feel sexy and desired?
- How are your dirty talking skills?
- Do you have a safe word?
- What are your thoughts on polyamory and ethical non-monogamy?
- Is there anything in your dating history you regret?
- What should I wear to get your pulse racing?
- Have you ever been cheated on?
- Have you ever cheated on a partner?
- Are you still friends with any of your exes?
- Have you ever been in love before?
- What does your ideal date night look like?
- What’s your favourite aphrodisiac food?
- Do you prefer giving or receiving pleasure?
- Do you prefer oral or penetrative sex?
- Do you own/use sex toys?
- What are your thoughts on shower sex?
- How often do you masturbate?
- When and how did you first learn about sex?
- Have you joined the mile high club and would you be keen to try it with me?
- Is there anything about our sex life you’d like to change?
- What’s your favourite sex position?
- How regularly are you tested for STIs?
- Do you have a special ‘move’ in the bedroom?
- Is there anything I do during sex that you can’t get enough of?
- How do you like to set the mood before a romantic night in?
- What are your opinions on porn?
- Have you ever filmed yourself getting busy?
- Do you enjoy sexting and sending/receiving nudes?
- Lights on or lights off?
- Is there anything about your sexual preferences you’re worried about telling me?
- Would you say you’re private about your sex life or more of an exhibitionist?
- Have you ever been caught in the act?
- If we could switch bodies for a day, what would you do as me?
- Do you prefer morning sex, afternoon delight, or a late-night romp?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- Do you have a special playlist of songs for creating a sexy atmosphere?
- How do you feel about scheduled over spontaneous sex?
- Do you talk to your friends about our sex life?
- Where do you go to learn more about relationships and dating?
- How often do you have sex dreams?
- What are your thoughts on one-night-stands?
- Have you ever had group sex?
- Do you prefer partners to remove their pubic hair or go au naturel?
- What helps you last longer in bed?
- Have you ever faked an orgasm?
- Are there any nicknames or descriptors you like partners to use for you during sex?
- What’s your most embarrassing dating/sex story?
- Are you more dominant or submissive sexually?
- How do you feel about BDSM practices like spanking and hair pulling?
- Are you an after-sex cuddler or do you like to be left alone?
- Which qualities do you most appreciate in me?
- What advice would you give your younger self about sex and love?
- Does anything put you off during sex?
- How fast do you tend to fall in love?
- What do you look for in a long-term partner?
- How would you describe our relationship so far?
- What does your ideal future look like?
- What’s something I’ll learn about you as our relationship progresses?
- Is there anything you desperately want to know about me?
- Why do you think we go so well together?
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
Rush Hour Crush – love (well, lust) is all around us
Visit Metro’s Rush Hour Crush online every weekday at 4:30pm.
Tell us about your Rush Hour Crush by submitting them here, and you could see your message published on the site.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.