Worth a try this weekend? (Picture: Chantel Mila)
When it comes to baking, you can’t get more classic than a chocolate chip cookie.
But while they’re easy to make, they’re not so simple to master.
Many have shared their secrets to making the best biscuit on the block, but in pursuit of perfection, we’re always up for trying a new technique.
Chantel has shared her recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies, saying the end result is ‘so good you might not want to share’.
The good news is that the recipe isn’t too complicated, and you only need basic ingredients.
So, how do you make these treats?
- Half a cup of white sugar
- Three quarters of a cup of brown sugar
- Half a cup of butter
- One room temperature egg
- Dash of vanilla essence
- Quarter of a cup of plain flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt flakes
One trick is refridgerating the dough before baking (Picture: TikTok/mama_mila_)
- Mix the half cup of white sugar, three quarters of a cup of brown sugar and half a cup of butter together.
- Add one egg (go for room temperature if you want fluffier cookies), along with a dash of vanilla extract.
- Whisking everything together, add a quarter of a cup of plain flour and a pinch of baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and add a pinch of salt flakes.
- Refrigerate for one hour and then bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. The longer you refrigerate, the richer and chewier the cookies.
Source: Chantel Mila
Heads up – if you want to make a bigger batch and make the most of that cold temperature trick, you should try this game-changing hack, too.
Do you have an amazing recipe to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.