- Magnolia Bakery first rose to fame after appearing on “Sex and the City.”
- The NYC shop is famous for its banana pudding, and has shared the recipe for its iconic dessert.
- It requires just six ingredients, including vanilla wafers, vanilla pudding, and bananas.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
To make Magnolia Bakery’s classic banana pudding, you’ll need:
- 4 to 5 ripe bananas, sliced
- 11-ounce box of vanilla wafers (Nilla Wafers are recommended)
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 package of instant vanilla-pudding mix (Jell-O is recommended)
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups of ice-cold water
To begin Magnolia’s recipe, start by whisking the milk and cold water.
Add the pudding mix into a separate bowl and slowly whisk in your milk-and-water mixture for about a minute, until it’s smooth and lumpless.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for at least an hour. You can also just leave it overnight.
Once your pudding mixture is ready, whisk your heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Add the pudding to your whipped cream and mix until they’ve fully blended.
Spread a quarter of your pudding over the bottom of a bowl. (Bobbie Lloyd, Magnolia’s chief baking officer, recommends using a trifle bowl or a wide glass bowl.) Add a layer of vanilla wafers and enough sliced bananas on top to cover them. Repeat twice.
To finish, add one final layer of pudding and any of your additional cookies or crumbs on top.
Then cover your bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for four to six hours.
Lloyd recommends serving the banana pudding within 12 hours.
Magnolia Bakery is also selling DIY Banana Pudding Kits.
For those who’d still like a little guidance, Magnolia Bakery is selling DIY Banana Pudding Kits for $30.
The kits ship across the US and come with the Jell-O pudding mix, condensed milk, and Nilla Wafers, along with official Magnolia Bakery cups and spoons.
Magnolia Bakery’s famous banana pudding, along with its additional flavors, can also be purchased and shipped nationally through its website.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.