A KNIFEMAN with a “thrill-seeking urge to kill” stabbed an elderly man repeatedly in the head before slashing a 10-year-old’s throat.
Carlos Racitalal, 33, attacked the 77-year-old five times with a large kitchen knife in broad daylight in Belgrave, Leicester.
Racitalal, 33, stabbed the elderly man in the head in the random attack in Leicester Credit: BPM Media
The 33-year-old has been convicted of four counts of attempted murder – after running over a five-year-old, stabbing a mum, knifing a pensioner and slashing a 10-year-old boyCredit: Leicestershire Police
The knifeman approached his victim on the pavement, where he stabbed the pensioner’s neck and the back of his head before fleeing the scene.
However this was not Racitalal’s first frenzied attack.
Earlier in January, Racitalal also deliberately ran over a five-year-old girl outside a supermarket – leaving her with facial injuries.
The 33-year-old then went on to stab a mum in the head in front of her two young children in another random knifing on January 14.
After stabbing the elderly man five times in the head in the street on January 16, Racitalal also slashed the throat of a 10-year-old boy.
The 77-year-old who Racitalal viciously targeted can be seen putting his hands up to protect himself as he looks back in bewilderment before walking off.
His wounds bled profusely – resulting in several weeks in hospital and at least two blood transfusions.
He received multiple stitches to wounds on his hand, neck and head.
The brutal knifeman denied four counts of attempted murder but was convicted unanimously after a nine-day trial at Leicester Crown Court.
Racitalal was also charged with three counts of possession of a knife blade or sharp pointed article in a public place in relation to the attacks.
Prosecutor Christopher Donnellan QC described Racitalal as having “no rational or apparent reason” for his unprovoked attacks.
He said: “We say it was a thrill-seeking urge to kill.
“He has accepted no responsibility, provided no explanation for the attacks and he took a knife with him when he went out.”
The defendant’s father took him to a GP six months before the offences as he was concerned about him being quiet, reserved, lacking energy and withdrawn into “his own world.”
Racitalal’s barrister, Benjamin Aina QC, said: “The events have caused destruction, not just to the families of the victims, but to Mr Racitalal’s own family.
“There’s been no explanation put forward about why these terrible events occurred.
“The only true mitigating feature is that no-one has died.
“I appreciate that it is by fortune rather than by design.
“The vulnerable people who were attacked are at least alive and (physically) recovered and it’s hoped they can put these terrible events behind them.”
He is due to be sentenced in Leicester today.
The pensioner can be seen with his hands on his head after being stabbed five times by the knifemanCredit: BPM Media
Racitalal plunged the kitchen knife into the back of the man’s head before running off out of sight Credit: BPM Media
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.