KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV makes his big return to the Octagon to face Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.
The Russian won a submission victory over Dustin Poirier last time out while Gaethje actually replaced Khabib in a bout with Tony Ferguson and scored a shock win in May.
When is UFC 254?
- UFC 254 takes place on Saturday, October 24.
- The event will start an early time to capitalise on the European fanbase for Russian ace Khabib, with the early prelims kicking off 3.15pm BST. This is 10.15am Eastern Time in the US and 6.15pm in Abu Dhabi.
- UFC president Dana White said: “It will be time-friendly for the European audience. “It will happen in the afternoon in the US.”
What time does UFC 254 start?
- The early prelims begin at 3.15pm BST.
- The prelims gets underway at 5pm BST.
- Then the main card starts at 7pm BST, with the huge main event of Khabib vs Gaethje expected around 10pm.
What TV channel and live stream is UFC 254 on?
Th event costs £19.95 on BT Sport Box Office to purchase.
The early prelims will be shown on UFC’s Fight Pass app.
Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated Conor McGregor in 2018Credit: Sportsfile – Subscription
What is the fight card and prelims?
Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier is the co-main event, and will be watched eagerly by middleweight champ Israel Adesanya.
Main card (from 7pm BST/ 2pm EST)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje (UFC Lightweight Championship)
- Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier (Middleweight – co-main)
Alexander Volkov vs Walt Harris (Heavyweight)
Islam Makhachev vs Rafael dos Anjos (Lightweight)
Cynthia Calvillo vs Lauren Murphy (Women’s Flyweight)
Magomed Ankalaev vs Ion Cutelaba (Light Heavyweight)
Preliminary card (from 5pm BST/ 12pm EST)
- Stefan Struve vs Tai Tuivasa (Heavyweight)
Jacob Malkoun vs Phil Hawes (Middleweight)
Alex Oliveira vs Shavkat Rakhmonov (Welterweight)
Jung Da Un vs Sam Alvey (Light Heavyweight)
Early prelims (from 3.15pm BST/ 10.15am EST)
What have they said?
Khabib: “I’m going to try wrestling with him. If he’s going to defend my takedown one time, I’m going to try a second, third. I’m gonna try 100 times. And of course I’m going to box with him, I’m going to kick with him.
“He’s going to be kickboxing and wrestling, a mix. I’m going to make him tired.
“This is my goal. And maybe in round number 3, round number 4, my plan is finish him.”
Gaethje: “I’m gonna go out there and I’m gonna try and break his face, I promise you.
“I am prepared and you can bet your bottom dollar I will not go out like no b****!”
Dana White, UFC president: “This is the fight capital of the world, right now. The infrastructure that’s here, all the cool things to do, I think that fans are gonna flock here as soon as this thing opens up.”
Khabib Nurmagomedov to win 6/19
Justin Gaethje to win 13/5
*Best odds available via Oddschecker as of Thursday, October 22
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.