Up for giving pasta chips a try? (Picture: TikTok/@feelgoodfoodie)
Next up in the world of TikTok food trends: Pasta chips (or crisps, if you’re from the UK).
Unlike those before it, this recommendation isn’t for a full, heavy meal, but more as a snack.
Pasta chips are, essentially, pasta shapes made crisp and crunchy, so you can dunk them into a dip of your choice in place of your standard tortilla chip or carrot stick.
The good news is that as well as being delicious, they’re fairly quick and easy to make.
While Feel Good Foodie – the same TikTokker who made feta and cherry tomatoes sell out – makes hers in an airfryer, other foodie influencers such as Ayeh Far have shared a recipe using a standard oven.
Others have added seasoning spins on their pasta chips, or been creative with their chip and dip pairing.
The options are endless, so once you’ve got the basic technique down, you can go wild.
So, how do you make your standard pasta chip?
- Pasta (shorter shapes, like penne or farfalle are best)
- Olive oil
- Whatever seasoning you fancy – try parmesan, paprika, garlic and chilli, or plain old salt
Serve with a dip (Picture: TikTok/@feelgoodfoodie)
- Boil your pasta as normal, according to the packet instructions
- Drain the pasta, then add a drizzle of oil and your chosen seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Cook your pasta. If you have an air fryer, you can put the pasta in there for 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F. In an oven, it’ll take a little longer, so put them in at 200°C/400°F for 20 minutes. Give them a shake midway through to ensure they’re golden brown all the way around.
- Serve with a dip of your choice, or crunch them on their own.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.