Grab a spoon (Picture: @cakeontherun/Getty)
When it comes to summer food combinations, strawberries and cream reigns supreme.
So, if you’re looking for a little sweet pick-me-up now the sun is shining, there’s an easy recipe that should be on your radar.
Baker Laura, who runs Instagram account @cakeontherun, has shared a healthy version of a strawberries and cream mug cake – which can be whipped up in less than two minutes.
Well, 90 seconds to be exact.
Ideal for brunch and dessert, or as a quick snack, the sweet treat comes in at around 376 calories per serving and requires just six ingredients.
Not to mention the end result looks utterly adorable.
Look how cute it is (Picture: @cakeontherun)
It’s worth pointing out that Laura’s recipe doesn’t actually contain cream, as it’s a healthier take, but the yoghurt and sweetener still ensures it hits the spot.
She also stresses that you can easily swap regular flour for a gluten-free version and that you can use a dairy-free yoghurt to make it vegan.
The baker’s food account is home to all kinds of other healthier versions of classic desserts, including banana and custard baked oats, low fat blueberry muffins and more.
See the full mug cake recipe below:
- 50g (3 heaped tbsp) self raising flour or all purpose with a pinch of baking powder
- 30g (3 tbsp) sweetener of choice
- 30g (1 heaped tbsp) reduced fat margarine
- 30g (1/3 banana) overripe banana
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tbsp yoghurt (for topping)
1. Mash the banana in a mug.
2. Add the margarine and sweetener mix with a spoon until combined.
3. Add the flour and mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Chop two strawberries very small and stir in.
5. Pop the mug in the microwave on high for 90 seconds (few seconds longer if yours is less than 900w).
6. Top with yoghurt and fresh strawberries and eat straight away.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.