All that meaty goodness, 100% animal free (Picture: Metro.co.uk)
Just because you’ve gone vegan, doesn’t mean you have to miss out at the grill.
There are now tonnes of yummy plant-based alternatives to BBQ classics, including the humble burger.
Packed with umami flavour, this gourmet burger will certainly deliver on those burger cravings, while still being a more earth-friendly option.
And with just seven steps, this recipe is deliciously straight-forward as well.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 450g vegan soya mince
- 200g vegan sausage (chorizo ideally)
- Salt and pepper
- 68g wholewheat flour
- 64g ground almonds
- 1-2 tbsp hemp protein
- Bute Island Sheese Mature Cheddar slices
- Fried onions
- Avocado (sliced)
- Beetroot (sliced)
- Place a pan on medium heat, pour the olive oil and allow it to heat, throw in the chopped onion and garlic and lightly fry until golden.
- Add the soya mince and the chunks of the vegan chorizo and lightly fry with the onions and garlic, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mince into a powerful food processor and pulse until the ingredients are completely mushed together, pour this mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and hemp protein. Combine them together using your hands (add more/less flour depending on the texture). Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- To make the burgers you can use a burger press, or simply shape them by rolling into a ball and squashing them into a patty.
- Place the patties on greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Pop in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the cheddar slices, avocado fried onions and beetroot.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.