TYSON FURY has urged Deontay Wilder to retire after being left a “WRECK” following their trilogy series.
The pair drew in 2018 but Fury twice stopped the American in their subsequent rematches.
Tyson Fury has urged Deontay Wilder to retireCredit: Getty
Wilder, 36, is yet to officially announce his return but revealed he is edging towards a boxing comeback.
But the Gypsy King, 33, believes after their 30 shared rounds, his great rival’s best days have been and gone.
Fury told Queensberry Promotions: “He is still the second best in the world, a very dangerous man and he will knock anybody out if he hits them in the face and in 12 rounds – guess what – he will hit them in the face.
“He was 44-0 when I beat them, he beat up everyone he ever fought before me.
“He is a very dangerous opponent but I don’t know what he has left in his tank.
“You don’t have a trilogy with one of the of the best fighters on the planet and come out on the other side to tell a great story and go on to win more world titles.
“He has been absolutely destroyed physically mentally and emotionally and I would say he is a wreck at the moment.
“He has had a cracked jaw, a cracked skull and been knocked out cold twice, it is a tough comeback for him and it all depends on what he has left.”
Fury continued: “I would not like to see him carry on, he has made a lot of money and I would like to see him retire.
“Whether he wins a few easy comebacks or goes in totally shot and starts losing, it starts to break up his legacy.
“At the moment he has only lost to the best fighter of his generation and there is no disrespect in that, there is not shame in that.
“But if he comes back and starts getting the floor wiped because he is shot to bits, that would be disgraceful.”
He has been absolutely destroyed physically mentally and emotionally and I would say he is a wreck at the moment.
Tyson Fury on Deontay Wilder
Fury beat Wilder in October 2021 and returned in April to knock out Dillian Whyte, 34, announcing his retirement after.
But he opened the door to a FOURTH fight with the Bronze Bomber.
He joked: “If he does want another good hiding, give me a call. Holla at this boy.”
Fury is linked with a return to face the winner between Anthony Joshua, 32, and Oleksandr Usyk, 35, set for August 20 in Saudi.
And the man himself revealed he WILL fight again, after holding talks with his promoter Frank Warren.
Fury said: “Last week we had a nice Italian down in London and a long conversation about lots of stuff.
“I will be back in the ring 100 per cent, just like in the movie when Jerry Maguire shouted ‘Show Me The Money!’.
“If anyone can show me the money then it’s Frank Warren, I call him the Magic Man and we are going to make some big, big things happen.”
- Watch the full interview with Dev Sahni on The Unibet Lowdown on the Queensberry YouTube channel
Tyson Fury pictured alongside promoter Frank WarrenCredit: PA
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.