Table of Contents
- AshLee DeMarinis, 34, was ‘nervous’ about returning to in-person classes — especially because of her asthma.
- Tom Slade posted about having pneumonia on Facebook after testing positive for COVID-19
- Demetria Bannister, 28, died 3 days after being diagnosed with COVID-19
- Nacoma James taught middle school in the same district he attended as a child
- Teresa Horn, 62, died from COVID-19 on August 28, and 12 others from her district have since tested positive for COVID-19
- School districts should ‘double down’ on safeguards prevent the spread of COVID-19, the AFT says