- A fun car sex position is “car girl” which is a play on the traditional cowgirl position.
- You can also recline the passenger seat and enjoy different angles for seated sex.
- The “seashell” is a great backseat position that allows for a more compact version of missionary.
- Visit Insider’s Health Reference library for more advice.
Whether you’re bored of the bedroom or you’re out and simply can’t wait to make it home to have sex, getting it on in the car is an exciting and adventurous option.
Many sex positions you’re used to in the bedroom can be modified to work in the car, whether you’re in the front or back seat.
Note: Car sex in and of itself is not illegal. There is no specific law prohibiting it. However, you could be charged with indecency if you’re caught in a public place.
Before you get started, remember that safety comes first. Be sure to park with your emergency brake on, says Joe Kort, PhD, certified sex therapist and clinical director of The Center for Relationship and Sexual Health.
Once you’re safe, here are six positions Kort recommends for car sex.
1. Backseat doggy
- The partner being penetrated should get on all fours on the backseat.
- The penetrating partner kneels behind and enters.
- If the penetrating partner is tall and their head is hitting the ceiling, they can drape their upper body over the partner being penetrated.
This position is compact enough to work in the backseat, and it’s easy to adjust to make sure both partners fit comfortably. Plus, Kort says this position allows for deep penetration which can be pleasurable for both partners, as well as G-spot stimulation if the partner being penetrated has a vagina.
2. Seated rear entry
- The penetrating partner should sit in the passenger seat, and recline the seat back if they wish.
- The partner being penetrated climbs on top and sits in their partners lap, facing the front of the car away from their partner’s face.
- While being penetrated, the partner can bend forward and rest their arms on the dashboard for extra support, or lean back against their partner for more contact and caressing.
This position is easy to do in the car, and can be a little more discreet than a position like doggy. Kort says you can also try this position in the driver’s seat but it may be more difficult with the steering wheel in the way.
3. Car girl
- The partner who is penetrating should sit in the driver or passenger seat.
- The partner being penetrated kneels or squats on top, facing their partner, as the penetrating partner enters.
- The partner being penetrated can move up and down, grind, or do whatever feels best.
Just like good-old cowgirl, this position allows for the partner being penetrated to take control of the depth and speed of penetration. Plus, both partners can use their hands to stimulate erogenous zones such as the clitoris during sex.
Clitoris stimulation is a great plus because, according to a 2018 study, 36.6% of women need direct clitoral stimulation to orgasm during sex.
4. The seashell
- In the back seat, the partner being penetrated should lie on their back and raise their legs up and over so their body is folding in half and the ankles are close to the shoulders. They can use their hands to hold their legs in this position, if necessary.
- The penetrating partner should take some time here to do some teasing by rubbing their penis up against the clitoris and surrounding area.
- The penetrating partner can enter from a missionary position.
Since the partner being penetrated is basically folded in half, this allows for backseat car sex in more compact cars. Plus, with the legs up, penetration can be deeper than in traditional missionary. Not to mention, the penetrating partner will have a very nice view. However, this position does require a bit of flexibility on the part of the partner being penetrated.
- The penetrating partner should lie on their side in the backseat, with their back against the backrest.
- The partner being penetrated gets into a little spoon position against their partner, as the partner enters from behind.
This position is great when you want to feel close and intimate with your partner, even if you’re in a car, says Kort. He says the position allows for cozy cuddling as well as G-spot, or P-spot, stimulation for the partner being penetrated.
6. The slow rocker
- The penetrating partner sits cross-legged on the back seat.
- The partner being penetrated sits on their partner’s lap, face-to-face, wrapping their legs around their partner.
- Both partners hug each other for support while they rock and grind on each other.
Kort says this is a great option when you want something slow, but still stimulating. Rocking and grinding during penetration will allow for new sensual sensations such as more rubbing on the clitoris, different from the typical in and out motions with many other positions.
Try out these positions and add your own twist to them to discover what feels best for you and your partner. Car sex may take some trial and error depending on the size of you, your partner, and the car. But once you figure out the logistics, you’ll be having fun and steaming up the windows in no time.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.