There are various water pump pipes for irrigation that farmers use from Grekkon Limited. Each works in its own way; either as an inlet, or outlet pipe.
1. Suction water pipe. This pipe delivers water from the source (reservoir, river, lake, tank, well) to the water pump. It is strengthened internally with hard circular plastic rings to prevent collapse as a result of intense suction pressure. The size of the suction pipe depends on the inlet size. A water pump with an inlet of 2″ will work with a suction pipe of a similar size. A foot valve to prevent back-flow is attached at the end of this pipe. This is for large diesel water or electric water pumps. For all pumps, a conical sieve is attached too at the end of it to keep away solid matter. The diameter size of the foot valve and that of the sieve is equivalent to the suction pipe size.
2. Delivery or lay-flat pipes. They are plastic or canvas pipes that deliver water from the water pump. Delivery pipes are popular in rain gun sprinkler irrigation systems, or when discharging water to a tank. Our sizes are 1-1/2”, and 2”. Depending on the water pump pressure, we have options of PN8, PN10 and PN12. Delivery or lay-flat water pump pipes are laid on the surface, they are not buried (sub-surface)
3. HDPE pipes. HDPE water pump pipes are in different sizes. This is from 32mm/ 1” to as large as the water pump outlet is. The thickness of the HDPE pipe to connect to your water pump depends on the water pump pressure. The available thicknesses are; PN6 (for gravity or low-pressure flow), PN8, PN10, PN12.5, PN16, and PN20. As it gets thicker, the greater the water pressure it carries. HDPE pipes are either operated as surface- because they have UV-protection, or as sub-surface pipes. The rolls are100M long from 32mm/ 1” to 110mm/ 4”.
4. PVC pipes. PVC water pump pipes are in different sizes. This is from 32mm/ 1” to as large as the water pump outlet is. The thickness of the PVC pipe to connect to your water pump depends on the water pump pressure. The available thicknesses are; PN6 (for gravity or low-pressure flow), PN8, PN10, PN12.5, PN16, and PN20. As it gets thicker, the greater the water pressure it carries. PVC pipes are either operated sub-surface pipes because they have no UV protection. PVC pipes are 6M/ 20 feet in length.
The choice of water pump pipe to use is determined by;
- Placement. The suction pipe can only be used as an inlet pipe. The rest can be used on both sides
- UV-treatment. Surface pipes must have UV treatment, while this is not necessary for sub surface pipes because there is no direct exposure to the sun’s radiation
- Budget. Suction pipes, Delivery pipes, and HDPE pipes in that order are the most expensive, PVC pipes are the least expensive.
- Irrigation method. A farmer using the rain gun sprinkler has a choice of directly connecting it to either the delivery pipe, HDPE pipe or PVC pipe. Another grower doing drip irrigation has only the option of PVC, or HDPE pipes to work with
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.