Where to Find the Best On-Trend Skirts on the High Street: Tips from a Fashion Expert.
MINI and maxi hemlines are hitting the shelves in equal measure this season. But how low – or high – should you go?
Here, Clemmie Fieldsend shops the high street’s best skirt trends in both lengths.
Busy prints with added pleats hide a multitude of sinsCredit: DAN WILLIAMS
TAKE inspiration from Seventies-inspired trends, as seen in Prime Video’s Daisy Jones And The Six, with bold graphic prints.
Let geometric patterns be the centre of the outfit and pair with plain tops and accessories.
Busy prints with added pleats hide a multitude of sins.
- Collared blouse, £18, Matalan; skirt, £35.99, shoes, £39.99, both Reserved
- Jumper, £28, River Island; skirt, £37.50, bag, £19.50, both Marks & Spencer; shoes, £29.99, Reserved
SUMPTUOUS and silky textured slips have become a wardrobe staple in recent years – and they are not going away.
Dip your toe into the Nineties trend for the new season with a maxi satin skirt, or try a fluted mini style.
Silky textured slips have become a wardrobe staple in recent yearsCredit: DAN WILLIAMS
A maxi design will flatter hourglass hips, with silk gliding over curves.
But a shorter hem will add a sexy touch and makes any top look dressy.
- White shirt, £30, Next; skirt, £25, Monki; shoes, £32.99, New Look
- Blazer, £76, Next; skirt, £36, Asos.com; shoes, £27.99, Deichmann
LONG denim skirts have made a comeback in 2023, with searches increasing by 171 per cent in the past week alone, according to New Look.
Try A-line silhouettes like this longer midi, which is perfect for the spring transition.
Denim skirts are perfect for the spring transitionCredit: DAN WILLIAMS
Or go for a traditional mini, which can be dressed down with trainers, or worn glam with heels.
- Trench coat, £49.99, and blouse, £26.99, New Look; skirt, £70, Great Plains; shoes, £45, Marks & Spencer
- Top, £40, Next; skirt, £22, Asos.com, boots, £59.99, Reserved
SKIRTS with practical pockets are another Nineties comeback trend in 2023.
You can dress them up or down for any occasion with a bit of careful styling.
Cargo skirts are another Nineties comeback trend in 2023Credit: DAN WILLIAMS
Boost maxi cargo skirts with tonal tailoring and blazers.
Or for a more relaxed look, pair a cargo mini skirt with trainers and a sweatshirt.
- Blazer, £27.99, New Look; T-shirt, £5, Tu at Sainsbury’s; skirt, £38, Asos.com; shoes, £35, Marks & Spencer
- White shirt, £24, Gap; jumper, £28, and skirt, £37 Next; shoers, £45, Marks & Spencer
LIGHT linen fabrics are essential for warmer months and great for saving weight in your case.
Match textures with a tailored blazer or clash for contrast with a fluffy jumper for a modern look.
Linen fabrics are essential for warmer monthsCredit: DAN WILLIAMS
A maxi style will show more creases due to there being more fabric.
But look out for styles with bonded lining (where the skirt lining is fused to the linen) to avoid this as much as possible.
- Blouse, £35, Nest; skirt, £39, River Island; shoes, £45, Marks & Spencer
- Blazer, £79, Nastygal.com; jumper, £49, French Connection; skirt, £17.99, H&M; shoes £9.99, New Look; earrings, £25, (worn throughout)
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.