THE Brits are one of the biggest events in music, and we are so happy they’re back.
They’ve got a reputation for great music, madness, and of course, plenty of looks.
Recreate your favourite looks on the high street
Last night the Brits took place at London’s O2 Arena with a 4,000 strong live audience as part of the government’s research into how live events might work after the pandemic.
The audience was filled with key workers from London to thank them for their hard work and selflessness over the Covid-19 pandemic.
There was no need to socially distance, or wear masks; but they would need a recent negative Covid test.
Olivia Rodrigo stood out in NeonCredit: Avalon.red
The return of the Brits 2021, also saw a return to iconic Brits fashion, with sparkling outfits, neon, and nostalgia reigning supreme.
Dua Lipa looked gorgeous in incredible Vivienne Westwood dress, changing into a Union Jack skirt for her performance; reminiscent of Geri Horner’s iconic Union Jack dress from the 90s.
Maya Jama sparkled in her black embellished mini dressCredit: Avalon.red
Harry Styles continued to ace the best dresses lists, decked head to toe in a patterned Gucci suit, and leather handbag.
Olly Alexander, and Arlo Parks also looked fabulous in a patterned suit, making it one of our favourite trends of the night.
Olly Alexander looked incredible in a patterned suitCredit: Avalon.red
Gemma Collins, Clara Amfo, Rising Star winner Griff, Taylor Swift and Maya Jama all sparkled in jaw dropping glittery outfits, and neon shone bright with Olivia Rodrigo and Mabel standing out.
Of course we can’t forget the amazing Little Mix, who looked goregous in matching white outfits, showcasing Perrie and Leigh-Anne’s bumps.
Little Mix glowed in bright whiteCredit: Pacific Coast News
Want to recreate the looks at home? Of course you do.
We’ve picked out our favourite looks from last night below, and how to recreate the trends on the high street.
Neon is back, and it’s bigCredit: ASOS
Stand out this summer in Neon, and take inspiration from Olivia Rodrigo and Mabel’s Brits looks.
- ASOS EDITION sequin wrap mini dress, £120, ASOS – buy here
- Neon Orange Slinky Balloon Sleeve Bardot Mini Dress, £14.99, Femme Luxe – buy here
- Fiorella Dress in Lime, £65, Dancing Leopard – buy here
- Neon Green One Shoulder Cutout Detail Ruched Dress, £11.49, Shein – buy here
Sparkling and Stoned
Recreate Taylor’s sparkling two piece look at homeCredit: ASOS
Taylor Swift, Clara Amfo, Maya Jama all rocked the look, and luckily for shoppers there are plenty of high street versions available for a touch of glam post lockdown.
- Oversized Sequin Blazer, £64.95, NA-KD – buy here
- ASOS EDITION mini wrap dress with graphic sequin, £150, ASOS – buy here
- ASOS EDITION placement sequin and fringe top co-ord, £48.75, ASOS – buy here
- Fifi Sequin Dress, £78, Pretty Lavish – buy here
Try a printed blazer as an alternative to a dress this summerCredit: ASOS
Where Harry Styles leads fashion wise, we follow. A look that will suit anyone, Harry’s Gucci printed suit was one of our faves.
- Double Breasted Lemon Print Blazer, £29.49, Shein – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN skinny suit jacket in navy floral print, £34, ASOS – buy here
- Printed kimono jacket, £59.99, Mango – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN premium floral jacquard blazer, £29.25 – buy here
Can you ever go wrong with a white dress?Credit: Silk Fred
Little Mix looked flawless in their matching white gowns, and could there be a more look that screams summer more than a crisp white dress? Here are our high street faves.
- Borderie Argalie White Maxi Dress, £48, Silk Fred – buy here
- Stradivarius shirred midi poplin dress in white, £29.99, ASOS – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN casual embroidered maxi dress with lace inserts in white, £55, ASOS – buy here
- Significant Other Claribell draped maxi dress with balloon sleeves in petal, £103. 95, ASOS – buy here
Vivienne Westwood Punk
We loved Dua Lipa’s custom Vivienne WestwoodCredit: Getty
Dua Lipa aced this look, and if you’re wanting to recreate the look at home, Vivienne Westwood is where you’ll need to head.
The iconic neckline and shape is pure Viv, and whilst you won’t find many high street dupes of this, second hand will be your best bet for designer without the price tag.
L’Oreal’s Wonder Water is the £9.99 miracle your hair needs – yes, it is that good.
Nasty Gal launches Lockdown Collection and it’s full of sassy loungewear.
This Pretty Lavish Beau Wrap Dress is all over Instagram and we can’t wait to get our hands on it.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.