Loved by women worldwide, heels are the perfect pair of footwear that accentuates femininity and confidence. Being something exclusively for formal affairs and work-related events, heels make themselves prominent in various occasions like the red carpet, public offices and other notable areas. To buy women’s heels means taking the initiative to dress well. However, how does one go about finding the right pair? With heels making up a significant part of Australia’s footwear industry, here are some of the most important things to keep in mind when out looking for heels in the market:
- Know The Correct Measurements: Don’t buy into the standard size for all and instead, measure the feet correctly so that the shoes fit properly. Besides, knowing the measurements beforehand can save a lot of time when shopping and make things easier for the customer too. Incorrect measurements can be a pain and even an inch difference can prove uncomfortable when wearing heels. Ensure that the feet are measured after every three years. In more rare cases, it’s not unusual to find the feet having two different measurements too, so there is no need to worry about that.
- Reading The Labels For Dimensions: Every company has a specific measurement standard for every women’s shoe in Australia. Although the difference is not that significant, they are still notable, with some even having a half an inch difference across heels. The best way to gauge the right fit is to read the labels or charts and compare them with the feet measurements to ensure that they are the right fit. Learn to read the measurement labels correctly.
- Trying It On: Heels are not the most accessible footwear for women to walk in. So why make it harder than usual by buying the improper fit? Try on a pair of heels and try walking around the store and see how it feels. According to most shoe experts, it’s better to try on these heels at the end of the day as the feet tend to swell after a long day.
- Feet Shape Matters: Feet shape differs widely. Some are born with narrow feet and others with wide feet. For the sake of comfort, it’s essential to buy heels according to the shape of the feet. Those with wide feet are recommended to get shoes with round toes. Avoid ankle straps for large ankles, and go for pointy shapes to add extra length to the legs.
- Go Through The Quality: Although customers must always keep a keen eye on their budget, it’s not beneficial to compromise quality with cheap heels. So go for heels made of quality materials and made with care and precision. Here’s how to identify the quality ones:
- Check the stitching around the sole and ensure that it’s even and secure. If the sole is glued on, check for gaps or spaces that give way when the heels are used.
- Leather lining is a sign of good quality, and the lining should go all the way around the inside of the shoe. Don’t go for synthetic materials; instead, go for materials like leather that can absorb moisture. Avoid synthetic materials as they won’t last as long, and go for better material options.
Go for functional heels that can be used repeatedly for different occasions. Avoid cheap pairs and expensive designer ones if budget is an issue.