Some big names have been attached to Cotton Candy on The Masked Dancer (Picture: Getty/Backgrid)
The Masked Dancer has proven that anyone could be busting a move on the stage during the competition series.
Now all eyes are on Cotton Candy’s identity as fans try their best to piece the clues together and get the right guess.
Have judges Paula Abdul, Ken Jeong, Ashley Tisdale, and Brian Austin Green already figured it out?
Here’s everything you need to know about Cotton Candy.
What clues have been given about Cotton Candy?
Viewers have been given some interesting clues about who the woman underneath the mask is. These included:
- She is someone sweet as candy.
- She is a perfectionist but her life hasn’t always been so sweet.
- She says that in order to achieve her dreams she had to move in with a new family when she was just a kid.
- She says she’s a fighter and we see cupcakes with some big lips on them.
- She grew up in a place where life was carefree and simple for everyone but her.
- She says ‘it was hard to balance practice with everything else in her life.’
- She missed out on many milestones and felt ‘iced out’ by kids her age.
- Her last performance was with a partner.
- Her Word Up clue was ‘team player’.
In her clue packages, we see a plate of breakfast food (with a side of beans), a drawing board with a wizard’s hat, snow, lipstick, and a hawk with the US flag on it.
Who could Cotton Candy be?
Julianne Hough is a popular guess (Picture: Jason Kempin/Getty Images for Netflix)
The judges initially went with Julianne Hough because she is a professional dancer and has been dancing ever since she was a child.
She moved with her brother to live with a new family while they were dance training, she often performs with a partner and she’s known for sweet nature.
There was a moment when host Craig Robinson called out ‘Hey Julianne’ to Cotton Candy, she instantly turned her head in response.
However, that definitely didn’t sound like her voice when Cotton Candy said Team Player.
Our money’s on Gabby Douglas (Picture: Paul Archuleta/Getty Images)
If anything, Cotton Candy sounds a lot like Olympic medalist Gabby Douglas. As a gymnast, she has some impressive moves and she’s represent the country at two Olympics.
The Corn Flakes seen in her clue package could be a nod to the cereal box she and the Fierce Five once appeared on.
Cotton Candy seemed to hint she is a gymnast when she emphasized practicing ‘balance’ in her clues which feels like a nod to the balance beam.
Some of the judges still think Step Up star and dancer Jenna Dewan could be an option, even suggesting she was disguising her voice during the Word Up segment.
So far the judges have also guessed it could be singer P!nk, Author Kristi Yamaguchi, and figure-skater Tara Lipinsky.
The Masked Dancer airs Wednesdays on Fox.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.