THE BBC has yet another gripping drama lined up to keep us on the edge of our seats.
Roadkill is headed up by the fantastic Hugh Laurie and brings with it the story of political scandal.
Hugh Laurie heads up the cast in BBC political drama RoadkillCredit: BBC
When is Roadkill on BBC One?
Good news, there isn’t long to wait for this new series.
This four-parter will kick off on Sunday, October 18, 2020.
It will be on at 9pm on BBC One.
Each episode will be available on the BBC iPlayer after it has aired.
Helen McCrory plays the Prime Minister in RoadkillCredit: BBC
What’s Roadkill about?
Roadkill is a fictional thriller about a self-made, forceful and charismatic politician Peter Laurence, played by Hugh Laurie.
Peter’s public and private life seems to be falling apart – or rather is being picked apart by his enemies.
With his enemies so close to home, can he ever out-run his own secrets to win the ultimate prize?
Poldark’s Pip Torrens stars in RoadkillCredit: BBC
Who’s in the cast of Roadkill?
This new series brings with it an incredible cast, which includes:
- Hugh Laurie is merciless politician Peter Laurence. The 60-year-old is known for his roles in Blackadder and medical drama series House, for which he was the recipient of two Golden Globe Awards.
- Helen McCrory, best known for her role in Peaky Blinders, will play the role of the Prime Minister, Dawn Ellison.
- Patricia Hodge from Miranda takes on the role of Lady Roche.
- Danny Ashok takes on the role of junior barrister Luke Strand. Danny played Aamir Malik in Strike: Lethal White and has also starred in Cobra and The Dumping Ground.
- Pippa Bennett-Warner plays Rochelle, a barrister. Pippa was in the cast for the Black Lives Matter-inspired series Unsaid Stories.
- Sidse Babett Knudsen, who played Harriet in the 2019 drama The Accident, is Madeleine Halle
- Saskia Reeves who starred as Connie Petersen in Us plays Helen Laurence.
- Sarah Greene as Charmian Pepper – Sarah is known for the Dublin Murders.
- Pip Torrens is best known for playing the villain Cary Warleggan in Poldark – in Roadkill he plays Joe Lapidus.
- Iain de Caestecker plays Duncan Knock, Peter’s special adviser. Iain also appeared in Us, alongside Saskia, as the young Douglas.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.